VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results Of Ptsd C & P Not Satisfactory

Rate this question

Notorious Kelly

Question

My PTSD C & P was 2 weeks ago.

I got a copy of it and the examiner said that the impact of PTSD on my life was mild and my problems are more likely than not related to personality problems.

I'm preparing a response to deliver to the VRO on Monday. Here's one of my comments:

" Many people go to therapists for years seeking help to deal with their problems.

I don't believe that a psychiatric examiner should make concrete decisions about an individual's mental status based on a 45-minute evaluation.

This gives undue weight to individual questions which might be answered differently if rephrased."

I'm addressing each item that I disagree with from the statement and submitting additional evidence that I just received.

Any other advice?

Thanks! ;)

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks for the advice, gang.

My primary goal is unemployability from physical injuries; just doing the PTSD first cuz it's ready and may get a lil sumthin.

I am using existing records and the collateral letter from my sister. I have plenty of evidence that meets the DSM IV criteria and have already included that. The evaluator says it's all personality problems; my sister's letter says my personality changed drastically After the stressor.

Axis I: PTSD Axis II: Mixed personality disorder with schizoid & paranoid traits Axis III: see medical records Axis IV: Current psychological stressors: Occupational, financial Axis V: Current GAF: 55 overall GAF related to PTSD: 65

If you have met "all five elements of a claim", per Dingess v. Nicholson, 19 Vet.App. 473, 484 (2006), then, the 38 CFR Regulations of "benefit of the doubt", and "reasonable doubt" would apply when weighing your stated evidence. The Court has put the VA on notice, to be mindful of the veteran-friendly, benefit of the doubt doctrine. ~Wings

I looked that up Wings.

The VCAA notice requirements apply to all five elements of a

service connection claim: (1) veteran status; (2) existence

of disability; (3) connection between service and the

disability; (4) degree of disability; and (5) effective date

of benefits where a claim is granted. Dingess v. Nicholson,

19 Vet. App. 473, 484 (2006).

After sleeping on it, I'm taking the suggestions of using diplomatic language; no one wants to help somebody who's being snotty.

Thanks again!

Kelly,

You didn't really come across as snotty to me,

you just never want to write anything to them that they

can turn around and try to use against you.

Hang in there.

carlie