VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing Claim Finally!

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

met with voc rehab guy yesterday who is walking me thru my claim. showed him all my medical records and va m/h records. his words...."ur sittin on a gold mine with this documentatioin!" so, he told me how to word it as to avoid being delayed/rejected. im so excited and yet nervous and anxious at the same time. i guess the anxious/nervous comes in knowing that i have to do the dreaded c & p exam. every time i go over the details of the trauma, it sets me back for weeks. i cant function afterwards. its like it just rips my soul out of me. any way....voc rehab sd i was looking at a min of 50-70%. he also told me to file for hardship since i filed for bankruptcy. all this time and now the moment of truth has come. as of next friday, he will review my ppwk to make sure its all in order and i will fedex it to the VARO. im going to time it to see how long it takes to get awarded/rejected. im so ready for this to be over with. then again, maybe its just the beginning of a long journey. whatever it is, im just glad i found u guys to help me along the way. u r all wonderful!!!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Do I understand that the Voc Rehab guy seemed to feel your disabilities should be SC and that they would hinder you for being in the Voc Rehab program?

Do I understand that the Voc Rehab guy seemed to feel your disabilities should be SC and that they would hinder you for being in the Voc Rehab program?

berta,

i guess im being remedial and i dont mean to be. what do u mean hinder me from being in the voc rehab program? he never sd anything about it stopping me from utilizing that program. and yes, my disabilities should be sc since i was raped on active duty. its thoroughly documented, too. im lost by ur post. im sorry....

met with voc rehab guy yesterday who is walking me thru my claim. showed him all my medical records and va m/h records. his words...."ur sittin on a gold mine with this documentatioin!" so, he told me how to word it as to avoid being delayed/rejected. im so excited and yet nervous and anxious at the same time. i guess the anxious/nervous comes in knowing that i have to do the dreaded c & p exam. every time i go over the details of the trauma, it sets me back for weeks. i cant function afterwards. its like it just rips my soul out of me. any way....voc rehab sd i was looking at a min of 50-70%. he also told me to file for hardship since i filed for bankruptcy. all this time and now the moment of truth has come. as of next friday, he will review my ppwk to make sure its all in order and i will fedex it to the VARO. im going to time it to see how long it takes to get awarded/rejected. im so ready for this to be over with. then again, maybe its just the beginning of a long journey. whatever it is, im just glad i found u guys to help me along the way. u r all wonderful!!!

That sounds like really good news CLW. "Gold Mine" has a nice sound to it. Good luck partner!

Cavtroope088

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that you have a good claim. I do find it a little weird that Voc Rehab would see you prior to being Service Connected. I don't trust people who tell you what percent you can get who work for the VA. If you are not able to work it should be 100%.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder
berta,

i guess im being remedial and i dont mean to be. what do u mean hinder me from being in the voc rehab program? he never sd anything about it stopping me from utilizing that program. and yes, my disabilities should be sc since i was raped on active duty. its thoroughly documented, too. im lost by ur post. im sorry....

I think what Berta was suggesting, is that Voc Rehab evaluations are sometimes used to support claims for compensation or increased ratings: if the evaluator opined that your medical conditions prohibit active participation in their program. ~Wings