VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dioxin At Ft Mcclellan

Rate this question

jan

Question

Has anyone heard anymore of this topic since February? I know Capt. Agnes B. passed

away from her disease she acquired from her time there. I know many soldiers with the

Military Police and Chemical School are still waiting along with the WAC's are still

waiting for the approval for their ailments.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Not much has changed over the last four months. A few more representatives have signed on as supporters of HR411, but certainly not nearly enough to move the bill forward. VA hasn't budged an inch. For more background on the toxins at Ft McClellan, go to http://www.davmembersportal.org/chapters/az/14/News%20Documents/Fort%20McClellan/Ft_McClellan.pdf. There will be a Ft McClellan Stand Together Day on the National Mall in DC on 20 May at 1200. Hope this helps.

I was led to this forum because of the issue of Dioxin (or other toxins) at Ft. McClellan.

I am a former MP stationed at FTMC from 83-84. I am 100% SC / IU for Multiple Sclerosis and have a multitude of autoimmune diseases and am on the verge of also being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis.

I want to know more. All of these conditions started to happen after my release from the military. I spent 5 months in Anniston drinking the water and digging in that dirt. I hear a lot of info about vets from an earlier timeframe but wonder about those of us from the 80's.

Just trying to seek answers to my abundant health issues that keep cropping up which all appear to be related to autoimmune disorders.

Thanks, I will keep on searching!!!!

I too was stationed at Ft. McClellan from 1980-81 for OSUT at E-11 MP Bn. I recently filed a claim for connection due to the chemical cleanup problems they had down there and diabete. Even with an IMO from Dr. Bash the claim was denied.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
I was led to this forum because of the issue of Dioxin (or other toxins) at Ft. McClellan.

I am a former MP stationed at FTMC from 83-84. I am 100% SC / IU for Multiple Sclerosis and have a multitude of autoimmune diseases and am on the verge of also being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis.

I want to know more. All of these conditions started to happen after my release from the military. I spent 5 months in Anniston drinking the water and digging in that dirt. I hear a lot of info about vets from an earlier timeframe but wonder about those of us from the 80's.

Just trying to seek answers to my abundant health issues that keep cropping up which all appear to be related to autoimmune disorders.

Thanks, I will keep on searching!!!!

I lived in the Lenlock area, right across the street from the entrance to Ft.McClellan in 1989-1990, which is where I joined the Army. I was a military dependent until I joined. When I joined the Army, the only issues on my entrance physical were eyeglasses, acne, and minor allergies. Otherwise, I was in great shape. Since then, my health has gotten worse. I have a range of health issues, including heart problems, but have yet to be diagnosed with any autoimmune disorders.

I know about Project SHAD/Project 112, in which soldiers and the public were exposed to various agents. Ft.McClellan is on one of the lists. There is a topic here regarding these projects (http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showforum=87). Of course, the tests we know about are only the ones which were declassified.

Also, don't forget that chemical plant in Anniston. I think it was called Monsanto. It was always in the news about leaks and contamination. I remember people nearby were given gas masks.

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tp...m/5850039391001

This post at Military.com indicates a Fort MC Clelland AO claim was won.

I could not find it at the BVA. Maybe if you join Mil.com you could contacxt the poster for more info>

The recent Fort Gordon AO claim is the only CONUS claim I know of Re: AO

I dont see Fort Mc Clelland on the DOD list of military locations where AO was tested and/or stored in the USA.

If McClelland was a Superfund site that is another matter-

The toxic drinking water at Camp Le Jeune has cause numerous illness in marines and their families who lived there. The first toxic Camp LeJeune award has just been made to a veteran-he is one of 35-40 Marines who came down with breast cancer with nothing to attribute that too except for the toxic water at Camp LeJeune.

Berta what do you mean by the superfund. James Scripp sent me a lot of papers and Ft. McClellan was on the list along with a lot of others including

Aberdeen Proving Grounds and Ft Gordon.