VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice Needed

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

Honesty is the best policy, but I want to cover all, to get every appointment/ referral needed.

My last appointment, they did nothing but get rid of me. :angry:

I want to make sure I get my referrals. :D I made a mistake in the Army, and have very little Medical records.

I wanted to go to work when, hurt, no profile, and I learned to this day to live with Service connected pain to this Day.

:o I was wounded twice in Vietnam, wipe the blood away, kept fighting, no claim, I needed to stay, medals were not important, have scars, still not important

Please help, and please advise????!!!!!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Honesty is the best policy, but I want to cover all, to get every appointment/ referral needed.

My last appointment, they did nothing but get rid of me. :angry:

I want to make sure I get my referrals. :D I made a mistake in the Army, and have very little Medical records.

I wanted to go to work when, hurt, no profile, and I learned to this day to live with Service connected pain to this Day.

:o I was wounded twice in Vietnam, wipe the blood away, kept fighting, no claim, I needed to stay, medals were not important, have scars, still not important

Please help, and please advise????!!!!!

sgmdae,

I know exactly where your comming from. I did the same thing. When I decided to make the Army a career, it entailed sucking up all your hurts and sores. Keeping your pain to yourself(not wanting to be one of those guys who ride sick call). It would not have been possible to make it for 21 years if I went on sickcall for everything that hurt me. Hence, not much in medical records.

The few things I did have in my records I am being compensated for though. I never went to a medic and said I had strange dreams or felt tired or was irritated about stuff. It took 16 years for me to go to VA and get request exams for PTSD and my knees and anlke. Thanks to a few onry old VN veteran friends, I went. It is hard to say you hurt, but go and get your exams. It is what you need to do for yourself and family. But, you have to make the step into the VA, it ain't easy but it is worth it. Spill your guts to them, don't hold back anything, be open and honest.

You will do well, just take the step.

Mike

sgm,

Also, I'm a newbie here with my own problems and need answers. There are a great bunch of people on here that have far more knowledge than me. Never be afraid to ask a question even if you think it is dumb.

The people on this site are here to advise and help. Just hang in there and you will be surprised of what you will learn. It takes some time but you will prevail.

Mike

• HadIt.com Elder

If you ask your primary DOc they will usually give you a consult. If they say no than fight for it.

Often I find it helpful to write everything down that I want to talk to my prime care doc about...it serves two purposes, it keeps me from forgetting anything and it keeps the emotion out of it. Explain your problem(s) and why you need the consult(s). Since VA docs schedules run very tight, they appreciate it when you are prepared and concise.

Good luck!!

Great advice from Purple.

Keep a list between appointments. I usually go blank when they ask if there is anything else.

It never hurts to be polite with docs & staff. I figure they get enough grief from people, so I try and thank everyone, and show that I appreciate what they do.

I'm lucky, I have some great docs. If you don't, well then I wouldn't shine them on....Eric