VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowence

Rate this question

sehinchee

Question

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What about if you wear two AFO do you get paid double allowance?

August 1st is when it is supposed to be paid.

In Jan 2009 Sursely v Peake was decided by the federal Court. The decision states the va has no choice but to award multiple clothing allowances to veterans that have more than one service connected disability that requires use of more thant one orthopedic appliance that wears out the clothing. The DAV recently published an article in their newest magazine stating this ruling only applies to amputees. THE DAV IS WRONG! While this would expecially apply to double and triple amputees, there is nothing in the language of the court that limits it to just amputees. If you read the court case closely it applies to all veterans with or without amputations an the VA had not choice but to comply with the ruling.

I am "static" to recieve a clothing allowance for hinged knee braces, in July I applied for a clothing allowance for the ankle braces I am required to wear for SC FEET & ANKLES. I cited Sursely v Peake and included the case. We'll see what happens.

I am "static" to recieve a clothing allowance for hinged knee braces, in July I applied for a clothing allowance for the ankle braces I am required to wear for SC FEET & ANKLES. I cited Sursely v Peake and included the case. We'll see what happens.

san antonio told me they are turning down my request for second allowance, the told me to appeal the decison when I get it. They explained the va has not told them how to procss multiple clothing allowances.

What about if you wear two AFO do you get paid double allowance?

You need to request a second clothing allowance.. and cite Sursely v Peake remember the va does not do anything automatically

Edited by Teac