VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

For Deceased Veterans, A Presidential Memorial Certificate (pmc)

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

A Presidential Memorial Certificate (PMC) is an engraved paper certificate, signed by the current President, to honor the memory of honorably discharged deceased veterans. General Program Requirements

This benefit may not be requested for a living veteran.

The veteran must have received an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions.

Certain National Guard and reserve members may also qualify.

Commissioned Officers of the Public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are considered to be active duty members and veterans, once discharged.

Eligible recipients (those who may receive a Presidential Memorial Certificate) include the deceased veteran’s next of kin and loved ones.

Requests for this benefit may only be submitted by an eligible recipient. An eligible recipient is the next of kin, a relative or a friend, or someone authorized to act on behalf of such relative or friend.

Your Next Steps

The following information will lead you to the next steps to apply for this benefit.

Application Process

For more information, see the Program Contact Information below.

Program Contact Information

For more information about the Presidential Memorial Certificate program, please visit our web site at:

http://www.cem.va.gov/CEM/pmc.asp

When requesting a PMC, there is no form or format to use. A simple written request will suffice.

Eligible recipients or their authorized agent may request a PMC using any one (1) of the three (3) methods listed below. Please only use one method.

You may:

1. <LI style="COLOR: black" class=MsoNormal>Visit any VA regional office and speak with a representative. <LI style="COLOR: black" class=MsoNormal>Send a request by fax to 1-202-565-8054; or by mail to:
    Presidential Memorial Certificates (41A1C)
    Department of Veterans Affairs
    5109 Russell Road
    Quantico, VA 22134-3903
  2. Use the “Contact the VA” web link (on the bottom of the page) at http://www.cem.va.gov/pmc.htm.
All written or faxed requests must include a copy of the veterans’ death certificate and a copy of the veterans’ honorable discharge. Please do not provide original documents, as they cannot be returned.

Managing Agency

National Cemetery Administration (NCA)

http://www.cem.va.gov

__"Keep on, Keepin' on"

Dan Cedusky, Champaign IL "Colonel Dan"

See my web site at:

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/VeteranIssues/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm,

A short paragraph on plain paper gets any 'DEAD' veteran a posthumous thank you.

Since I have never heard a dead vet complain about serving or the recognition therefrom.

And the fact that a dead vet gets nothing 'in life' from this recognition, including thanks from a politician, I am not impressed.

I'd rather have the 5 bucks, or so, that's allocated to produce the certificate.

But heh, I'm just a baby-burning, redneck, hillbilly, Nam vet.

What do I know about 'thanks'?

sledge

Gee _I thought they came automatically- maybe the undertakers apply?

I have 3 on my wall in my PC room,

both of my veteran husband's received them after their deaths-one is signed by President Reagan and Rod's is sogned by President Clinton.

I have 3- because I griped in a letter to Pres Clinton when the VA killed my husband and then the President sent me another signed Certificate.

I guess I was just extremely upset when I did that-

medical evidence proved my FTCA case.

Clinton couldnt.