VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Just Did Something Really Stupid

Rate this topic

Not just forgotten but forgotten to get some RX's refilled thinking I had already gotten them refilled...that's when it gets bad. Have had to get to the VA Pharmacy for a "get me by" (ten day supply) twice this month. So, I feel ya...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Aw Purple, it can happen and I hope you were/are alright to drive.

I popped evening pills and didn't feel both go down. (my tongue counts?) One medium size other tiny. I called VA, got grrrr telehealth nurse, after too many questions over a 15 minute period, advice - don't take until next dose. Got call from pcp first thing next day, hey, they do call! I fretted for days afterwards, trying to get better routine on. Don't pop em in the mouth anymore either, ha.

My story on 'get me by' meds, did that few times, one pharmacy tech asked me basic questions, seriously, stupid me cracked a joke when leaving, my goof, he checked me with one more question, creepy peculiar. Other time "get me by' meds, went through seperate interview and discussion with several individuals in a row -pcp clerk, nurse, pcp themself, pharmacy technician and pharmacist before 8 pills were released. (yup, NON-narcotic wellbutrin).

I probably shouldn't have driven yesterday....but I was extra careful. *Note to self: Large quantities of caffiene have no effect on trazodone*

I went ahead and took my nighttime trazodone dose....sure did sleep good last night!!

I didn't want to call the telenurse and get my butt chewed out.

Yea I've done it too. Was suppose to take two antibiotic capsules at 6pm, but got the wrong bottle in the dark, and took two extra blood pressure capsules, in addition to the one I had already taken that morning. Needless to say I was very relaxed for about 16 hours!

The moral to the story: NEVER TAKE DRUGS IN THE DARK!!!

Blackbird

Purple, by now you should feel your among friends, that have made the same error that you did.

I don't think Blond had nothing to do with it. I went into the emergency room once because I couldn't get my blood pressure to come down, I finally relized I was taking double water pill, and no blood pressure medicine for a long period of time. I am not blond, I am grey haired