VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cad And Htn

Rate this question

billy2

Question

I am currently suffering complications from AO-diabetes and PTSD. I also have CAD(stint) and HTN which I am going to file a claim for. I have seen different claims on the internet where people claimed CAD and HTN were secondary to diabetes and others saying CAD and HTN were secondary to PTSD. I guess its the doctor that they use that will dictate whice way you go.. My heart doctor is relucant to write something for me but he wasted no time charging my insurance 48 grad for the procedure. I'm not sure which way to go with this.

Bill

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Go with the CAD and HTN as secondary to DMII. That is much easier that PTSD. CAD is almost a given with DMII if you live with it long enough. They don't really know why CAD and DMII go together but if you have DMII you are much more likely to get heart and artery problems like blockages. I am SC for CAD as secondary to DMII. They noticed my problem when they did a CT scan of my leg. There was calcification in the arteries. So I took it to the next step and had heart examined. DMII has so many complications that are accepted by the medical commnunity without controversy.

How are your eyes? Do you have PN?

Go with the CAD and HTN as secondary to DMII. That is much easier that PTSD. CAD is almost a given with DMII if you live with it long enough. They don't really know why CAD and DMII go together but if you have DMII you are much more likely to get heart and artery problems like blockages. I am SC for CAD as secondary to DMII. They noticed my problem when they did a CT scan of my leg. There was calcification in the arteries. So I took it to the next step and had heart examined. DMII has so many complications that are accepted by the medical commnunity without controversy.

How are your eyes? Do you have PN?

John,

Eyes are good-get tested once a year. PN- yes, get 10% for each leg and arm.

Bill