VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Supporting Documents

Rate this question

bigoc

Question

I have a question as to how a neuropsychological test would factor into a PTSD claim.  I will list some of the findings in the report to see what you guys think of it.

Also are TBI and PTSD one of the conditions that can not be rated separately?  I am currently rated 40% for TBI waiting for an increase decision to 70%.

Some of the report findings:

Pattern of responses that suggest higher-than-average psychological distress with a range of symptoms, including but not limited to experiences of bothersome, unwanted thoughts and behaviors (SCL-90-R OC: 99th%ile); dysphoric mood marked predominantly by pervasive unhappiness loss of motivation and/or apathy, and pessimism; manifest anxiety characterized by tension, nervousness and stressfulness. 

Final Diagnoses:

Dysthymic DisorderPost-Traumatic Stress Disorder (provisional)ConcussionPost-Concussion Syndrome

Sorry for the long description just wanted to put some meat to my question.  Also I am working and would see myself continuing to do so.  I do not expect more than 50%.  I do also have 6 months of VA counseling which I am going to continue.  I do not have anything in my SMR that relates specifically to PTSD.  Everything documented is post discharge(about 2 years).

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I do not have a combat action badge, or purple heart.  The army started the CAB thing for non-combat mos's after I got back from deployment.  I got frustrated with all the paperwork and gave up.  might have been a bad idea but that is what I did.  A short little tangent so you can understand why I gave up.  I was assigned to a FOB that had the division headquarters element.  When the Truck bombing that I was involved in happened, it brought out the best in the staff pukes.  People that were on the commanding generals staff put in for(and received) purple hearts and CAB's because they were showered with glass in the headquarters.  Keep in mind this was with so much as a brake in the skin.

I was on the street outside next to the gate where the VBIED exploded about 150 feet away from me.  I spent the following few days combing the area for remains of a soldier from my company that was killed in the explosion.  Let me tell you picking up remains of another human being showered over a large area is something I have trouble fully explaining to someone.  I just got tired of fighting with the paperwork while in service and quite frankly did not care what my dress uniform looked like.  I knew what I accomplished.  As I see now this may have been a big mistake.

This JSRRC is something I have not heard of before.  Is that somewhere that has people that research claims with known attacks on american forces?

If this is the case I am sure my situation would be on record or at least it should.  I think my situation is the only vehicle that was given access to a coalition base and had 30 minutes to drive around on base and pick their target and then detonate the VBIED.  This truck did not try to run the check point.  Anyway long story that had nothing to do with this thread, sorry.

Thanks for the help all.

Bigoc

There must be a web site, that has the Soldiers killed in IRAQ and the day they were killed.

If you can remmember any names, look them up this will relate the date. If you have medical records, or orders putting you in that place, this will help your stressor verification. Also, newspaper, Stars and Stripes, medal issue to one killed, probably available. Don't give up, you deserve to get the care for what you did for the United States of America

• HadIt.com Elder

Your unit in Iraq may have a website you can visit. My unit in RVN has a website. That is how I met up with an old buddy I had not heard from in 35 years.

I am getting some good ideas here from you guys, thanks.  Probably should have thought of the articles and that sort of thing on my own but none the less I will start tracking that stuff down.  I know the date and name of the member of my company that was killed and I never thought that would be of any use.  I survived cause of his actions and maybe he will continue to help me even years later.

Keep asking, the Hadit group has given lots of great advice.

If they get a little rigid in there answers, just remember our minds stray from from happy to sad, and I have learned it not our fault.

Another thing I thought of is getting my records corrected.  Such as a purple heart and combat action badge.  Never wanted this stuff before but honestly it is a speed bump that I am paying for dearly now.  I am going to ask my local congressman to research the matter and see if he can get any of this fixed for me.  I would think one of the two of these metals would help with a PTSD claim.  Will obviously delay the claim but I will give it a try.