VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Supporting Documents

Rate this question

bigoc

Question

I have a question as to how a neuropsychological test would factor into a PTSD claim.  I will list some of the findings in the report to see what you guys think of it.

Also are TBI and PTSD one of the conditions that can not be rated separately?  I am currently rated 40% for TBI waiting for an increase decision to 70%.

Some of the report findings:

Pattern of responses that suggest higher-than-average psychological distress with a range of symptoms, including but not limited to experiences of bothersome, unwanted thoughts and behaviors (SCL-90-R OC: 99th%ile); dysphoric mood marked predominantly by pervasive unhappiness loss of motivation and/or apathy, and pessimism; manifest anxiety characterized by tension, nervousness and stressfulness. 

Final Diagnoses:

Dysthymic DisorderPost-Traumatic Stress Disorder (provisional)ConcussionPost-Concussion Syndrome

Sorry for the long description just wanted to put some meat to my question.  Also I am working and would see myself continuing to do so.  I do not expect more than 50%.  I do also have 6 months of VA counseling which I am going to continue.  I do not have anything in my SMR that relates specifically to PTSD.  Everything documented is post discharge(about 2 years).

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You ask the Board for Correction of Military Records to grant these medals. It is not easy matter. You probably should get a lawyer to so this for you. I tried on my own and they just shot me down. They are brutal.