VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Advice Before My Bva Hearing

Rate this question

4ransom

Question

Hello friends,

I often read the great comments but I do not often make post or comments of my own.

I just want to say THANKS for all the wonderful advice in the past and now I'm asking for you're help again.

I have a DIC hearing with the BVA coming up real soon. Do you have any suggestions other than plenty evidence.

I'm still waiting on two IMO's from the Dr's. I sure hope they get it to me soon, I'm on needles and pins. I'm trying to get my late husband's COD secondary to his SC PTSD.

The American Legion Service officer is suppose to rep. me. The letter says i will have 30 minutes with my rep. before my hearing.

Will this hearing last long ? Will I find out a decision that day ,or through the mail ?

Any suggestions, or help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4ransom

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Gee- maybe you should contact the IMO docs right away to see how soon the opinions can get to you--

have they suggested their opinion will be favorable?

What was the cause of death?

Do you mean the IMOs are to show that his PTSD contributed to or caused his death?

If an autopsy was done make sure the IMO docs have a copy of that.

I dont think the hearing will give you a decision that same day.

Make sure that you bring copies of whatever evidence should be submitted into the record (such as the IMOs) and copies of anything else that you submitted but that they did not consider in any SOC.

When you ordered the IMOs did the docs have the IMO guidelines too? Also they would need copies of any past VA 'expert' opinions that denied the claim.As well as all available medical records.

Since I assume these IMOs are quite costly to you- best to try to get them as fast as possible.

Gee- maybe you should contact the IMO docs right away to see how soon the opinions can get to you--

have they suggested their opinion will be favorable?

What was the cause of death?

Do you mean the IMOs are to show that his PTSD contributed to or caused his death?

If an autopsy was done make sure the IMO docs have a copy of that.

I dont think the hearing will give you a decision that same day.

Make sure that you bring copies of whatever evidence should be submitted into the record (such as the IMOs) and copies of anything else that you submitted but that they did not consider in any SOC.

When you ordered the IMOs did the docs have the IMO guidelines too? Also they would need copies of any past VA 'expert' opinions that denied the claim.As well as all available medical records.

Since I assume these IMOs are quite costly to you- best to try to get them as fast as possible.