VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Texas House Bill No 3613

:rolleyes:

Governor and put in law bill 3613 exempting from real property taxes at varying tax rates all property disabled vet owners, bill says effective 2010, Governor back dated to2009. Appraisall districts mailed forms required to be filed 7/23/2009. Law Attached

Ausgmblr

Edited by jbasser

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes. This has been discussed at length in several other posts. It is only in the state of Texas.

Essentially, you have to have a letter from your VARO stating that you are 100% P&T. I used the letter from the Waco VARO that I used for my commisary & exchange privileges.

Take the letter from the VARO to your local property tax appraisal district offices and they will take care of it for you.

It is effective as of the first of the year - 2009

If you do not have the required "letter", then call the #800 (800-827-1000 I believe it is) and they will send you out your letter. Tell them it is for the Texas tax break on property taxes.....they'll know what you need.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks LarryJ. As a fellow Texan, I filled out the form and sent it in with my VA info letter, I am pleased to report that I just checked my county appraisal district's web site and pulled up my account #, the new exemption has been posted. I think I will withdraw my real estate valuation tax protest I filed in March.... I never thought I would see the day.

Yes. This has been discussed at length in several other posts. It is only in the state of Texas.

Essentially, you have to have a letter from your VARO stating that you are 100% P&T. I used the letter from the Waco VARO that I used for my commisary & exchange privileges.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here too in Minnesota == the same -but the varo letter arrived before I could request it. Except I still have to pay the $66.00 county recyling FEE-- But it still saves me over $12.00 dollars===ILL TAKE IT---STEVE & PAT

CORRECTION+++++++++++++++++++

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I MEAN $1200.00 SAVED

STEVE & PAT

• HadIt.com Elder
CORRECTION+++++++++++++++++++

I MEAN $1200.00 SAVED

STEVE & PAT

Congratulations Steve&Pat, and to the disabled vets in Minnesota. That's a hundred a month. Outstanding.