VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Texas House Bill No 3613

• HadIt.com Elder

As a recent Veteran who had my property taxes waived in Texas I cannot express what a great feeling I got and an appreciation for the folks in Texas who gave it to me.

I even appreciate the politicians and our Governor more than I did before.

I went to a mortgage burning party tonight and thought even with the mortgage paid off the poor guy is still paying 700 a month in property taxes.

He said when he lit the match that his property taxes cost more than his original mortgage with principal and interest and the property taxes and insurance.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you own a home in Texas you can also get some good exemptions with what you have. There is a form that you can use that grants the same exemptions that Seniors get and all you need is a Doc to fill it out. You get the form at the County Appraisal District or you can download it from the State Property Tax Board for Texas.

Until I got my taxes waived last month this saved me about half of what I would have to pay and don't forget to apply for regular homeowners exemption and show your 80% that is some more off the tax bill.

Welcome to Texas

• 1 month later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

TEXAS VETS: a reminder to vet homeowners rated 100% or IU, to fill out Texas state form 11.131, "Application for Residential Homestead Exemption for Disabled Veteran with 100 percent Disability." Attach a VA benefits letter, and your real estate taxes are 100% exempt, retro to January 2009. State offices of veterans' affairs are available at http://www.va.gov/stateva.htm. You can ask for the VA benefits letter for real estate tax purposes from the VA by calling 1-800-827-1000.

• HadIt.com Elder
TEXAS VETS: a reminder to vet homeowners rated 100% or IU, to fill out Texas state form 11.131, "Application for Residential Homestead Exemption for Disabled Veteran with 100 percent Disability." Attach a VA benefits letter, and your real estate taxes are 100% exempt, retro to January 2009. State offices of veterans' affairs are available at http://www.va.gov/stateva.htm. You can ask for the VA benefits letter for real estate tax purposes from the VA by calling 1-800-827-1000.

Well stated and a good reminder

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Time to move to Texas. I love Virginia, but the only thing you can get here with 100% is a lifetime fishing license. How freaking sad is that. Oh and some relief on personal property now depending on the locality, which is essentially a break on the car tax.