VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Please Help On Waiting Game..

Rate this question

mako25

Question

Please help, I was granted tdiu in June 2 2009.. Like a lot of us here I have been putting bill collectors on hold awaiting my retro pay.Does anyone have a clue how long it takes to get my answer from Regional?.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I had an award by VBA last December. Still waiting for my new rating to take effect. No one knows where your file is, and I have called the VA, AMC, VBA and know one can tell you anything. I even filed a hardship request, and was told that some claims that have been award by theVBA but have not been process until they return the file to the orginal VA regional office from which your file was held. One guy at the AMC(appeals management center in D.C.) told me they had claims that go back to 1990. So, I guess it is the same old story. HURRY UP AND WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also a life member of the DAV and they have been useless. I contacted "Legal Help for Veterans" They do everything pro bono and are all vets themselves. You might want to talk with one of the attorneys there. Good Luck to all of us awaiting claims to be paid.

Mako25,The BVA grant or deny your claim if its granted, it will be sent back to your Regional office for a rating, and it take VA, about four months get your award to you,i know how you feel,just hang in there and congrats on your success.

mobie16r

Mako25,The BVA grant or deny your claim if its granted, it will be sent back to your Regional office for a rating, and it take VA, about four months get your award to you,i know how you feel,just hang in there and congrats on your success.

mobie16r

Thanks for the reply..Dont know if I can make it another two mo..

• HadIt.com Elder

Mako:

Call 800 827 1000 and ask for an inquiry as to what has happened to your claim, where the file is. They have to dig into it instead of just lying to you.They also have to respond in a week or so.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

mako25,

I was in pretty much the same situation as you are.

I went to the BVA 2006 and remanded to the AMC.

My file gathered dust. Finally nagged them into giving me a denial to get out of that place.

I received a denial December 2008.

When I couldn't take it any longer, I turned my affairs over to Senator Warner of Virginia.

He is now retired, but he did go to bat for me.

I did have to sign a paper for him to work in my behalf, but when his letter went through, heads

did spin and papers were signed.

He helped me get my Independent Medical Opinion to the Judge at the BVA, when the AMC

denied me. They did not read a thing in my file. Just denied stating post medical records

were illegible.

Horse Sxxx. I could read them and so could the Psychiatrist who did the IME, January 2008.

This was just a stall tactic.

I was told by the BVA when a Senator faxes a letter to them it is logged in that day and

takes priority.

It did in my case.

The IME was turned in to the Judge at the BVA January 2008. Decision of Service Connection

was granted February 2008. C-file was logged in to the R.O March 2008 and my retro was in

the bank in June 2008. This left me at 70%.

I went for another C&P August 2008 and granted 100% P&T.

I went from 0 - 100% P&T in 7 months total with two retro checks.

This is only what happened in my claim.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine