VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams

Rate this question

billy2

Question

I received two letters for C&P exams on two different dates. It doesn't state what they are for. One is on the floor that I go to for my PTSD meds so I would figure thats what one is for. The other could be for one of two other claims that I sent in. How will I know what this if for, can I call up and check. Both exams say to bring all your meds with you. Its all the computer at the VA which meds I take, no big deal. I would not like to walk into an interview and be blindsided and not know whats going on.

Bill

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I called the 1-800 number and they told me the wrong reason for the exam. I then called the comp&pen office at my regional office and they told me what it was REALLY for. Not sure if the person on other end of 1-800 was ignorant or they did it on purpose. I would just call your local office where your comp&pen is to get the correct answer.

Frank

I received two letters for C&P exams on two different dates. It doesn't state what they are for. One is on the floor that I go to for my PTSD meds so I would figure thats what one is for. The other could be for one of two other claims that I sent in. How will I know what this if for, can I call up and check. Both exams say to bring all your meds with you. Its all the computer at the VA which meds I take, no big deal. I would not like to walk into an interview and be blindsided and not know whats going on.

Bill

Edited by WHOLESALE

Call the C&P Office at your VAMC - they will tell you whether it is mental, general etc.... and the doc's name. At least they do at my VAMC

Also, the last name of the doctor is usually on your appointment letter. You can go on the VA website and see the list of doctors for your area and their specialty. Here is the site for the san diego area. Not sure where your at.

http://www.va.gov/providerinfo/sandiego/meetstaff.asp

I guess you can just replace the city where you're at in place of san diego.

Frank

Call the C&P Office at your VAMC - they will tell you whether it is mental, general etc.... and the doc's name. At least they do at my VAMC
Edited by WHOLESALE