VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd - New Claim 60% Vet

Rate this question

supportmyfellowvet

Question

Hello I'm currently service connected at 60%. I've recently filed a claim for PTSD, depression & anxiety that is associated with my PTSD. My goal is to obtain IU or 100% total combined rating for my conditions. My PTSD is well documented by a Psychiatrist by written letter, same with the depression and anxiety. He states that my condition is linked to a traumatic event that occurred while in the service. I have in service medical records as proof of the traumatic event in writing.

I want to know what my chances are for obtaining a 100% or IU. I ask because I'm not requesting IU. I was told that I could not request IU unless I have one disability at 40 or greater and another at 20 or greater with a combined total of 70%.

My "NEW" claim is for three separate issues (depression, anxiety and PTSD). With medical proof from my Psychiatrist (doctor), lack of employment for the last 7 years, will the VA beat me down and low ball me on this claim?

Any help would be great! I know some of you have been through this process before and I'm looking for some advice. Advice to help me get to 100% from 60%.

Thanks,

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You can apply for IU at any time. If that is your ultimate goal, apply for it now. Have your doctor stated that you are unable to work due to your mental conditions?

Thanks! Now that I think about it. The claim is for PTSD, anxiety and depression secondary to PTSD.

I don't see how they could deny my claim if I have a nexus, a written statement from my psychiatrist that it is service connected, and a record of my employment history for the last seven years.

What should I look out for. Do you think I have a chance? And when will the VA just give you IU? At 70%.

WoW!

No I don't have an approved claim for PTSD. I have a (new) open claim.

But from the sound of it you believe I'm in there.

I don't know if I can file for IU until I'm 70% or greater with a combined rating of at least 50% for one disabilty and 20 or greater for another. I tried a claim for IU 3 years ago when I was 50% and that was the response I received from VA. I was not working and had not worked in years. I even sent them my Social Security Statement to prove it. The RO basically shat on me.