VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The 800 Numbers..

Rate this question

mako25

Question

Dont know if anyone feels the same but the 800 va numbers are just wasting your time. I am soooo frustrated that I can not get a straight answer as of when my TDIU is going to kick in or even get a awards letter from regional..All they have to say that it is being finalized.. Well you was it not FINALIZED in DC when they granted me TDIU.Its a wonder why the VA is soo backed up the paper work is so redundant it gets me sick...

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know the feeling Mako-

my claim was awarded by the BVA in April and the VA did not even read the decision.

They said they would keep my DIC as due to Sec 1151 (VA negligence)because in their words-that was a "greater benefit" that the direct SC death award DIC.

The BVA specifically mentioned all of the ancillary benefits I would be eligible for-but they are contingent on the award of direct SC.

The apps for some of these have been in my C file for over 10 years-

and one matter regarding the wrongful death should have gone to the Regional COusel by now for a release of an offset.

I got my third letters regarding this award from Congressman Filner and Chairman Terry (BVA) last week-I had not responded to them yet hoping the VA would have corrected the errors they made and then I could simply thank them and say the claim was resolved.

After getting one thing from IRIS and something else from 800 I wrote to them both last week and sent them the award letter I got,regretting I could not thank the VA and was set for a re-d0 of an award that should have been done right in the first place.

The reason they got involved with my claim was because I gave testimony to the H VAC as to how crappy our claims are being handled by the VAROs and how they lose or misplace our prime evidence yet somehow never manage to lose those negative C & P exams.

I fully expect to prevail on getting my proper award and the additional benefits which will cost VA $$$$$$ so- one reason they seem to be stalling

I rebutted this award letter immediately with charge that they had made clear and unmistakable error.It went back to the appeals team in May but I think the appeals team was on the space shuttle trip- because now no one seems to know exactly what is going on with this claim.

I knew I would succeed on my claim.But it took 6 years for my evidence to be read.

I knew too that VARO would mess up the money but I didnt expect how messed up this award letter really would be .

The BVA gave my dead husband Peace with Honor but it still hasn't come yet from the RO-it reflects part of my H VAC testimony-they either are chosing not to read our evidence, or deliberately losing it, or they CANT read.

I know the feeling Mako-

my claim was awarded by the BVA in April and the VA did not even read the decision.

They said they would keep my DIC as due to Sec 1151 (VA negligence)because in their words-that was a "greater benefit" that the direct SC death award DIC.

The BVA specifically mentioned all of the ancillary benefits I would be eligible for-but they are contingent on the award of direct SC.

The apps for some of these have been in my C file for over 10 years-

and one matter regarding the wrongful death should have gone to the Regional COusel by now for a release of an offset.

I got my third letters regarding this award from Congressman Filner and Chairman Terry (BVA) last week-I had not responded to them yet hoping the VA would have corrected the errors they made and then I could simply thank them and say the claim was resolved.

After getting one thing from IRIS and something else from 800 I wrote to them both last week and sent them the award letter I got,regretting I could not thank the VA and was set for a re-d0 of an award that should have been done right in the first place.

The reason they got involved with my claim was because I gave testimony to the H VAC as to how crappy our claims are being handled by the VAROs and how they lose or misplace our prime evidence yet somehow never manage to lose those negative C & P exams.

I fully expect to prevail on getting my proper award and the additional benefits which will cost VA $$$$$$ so- one reason they seem to be stalling

I rebutted this award letter immediately with charge that they had made clear and unmistakable error.It went back to the appeals team in May but I think the appeals team was on the space shuttle trip- because now no one seems to know exactly what is going on with this claim.

I knew I would succeed on my claim.But it took 6 years for my evidence to be read.

I knew too that VARO would mess up the money but I didnt expect how messed up this award letter really would be .

The BVA gave my dead husband Peace with Honor but it still hasn't come yet from the RO-it reflects part of my H VAC testimony-they either are chosing not to read our evidence, or deliberately losing it, or they CANT read.

God Bless you..Thanks for the reply.

Mako25,since i became 100% service connected for PTSD in 2004,i have helped a lot of veterans with there ptsd claims on the local level, and at the BVA.I know if your claim get granted at the BVA,it can't be denied at your regional office.Your claim will be send back to the Regional ofice to get a rating,thats the reason it take about four months.

mobie16r

Mako25,since i became 100% service connected for PTSD in 2004,i have helped a lot of veterans with there ptsd claims on the local level, and at the BVA.I know if your claim get granted at the BVA,it can't be denied at your regional office.Your claim will be send back to the Regional ofice to get a rating,thats the reason it take about four months.

mobie16r

Thanks.The wait is taking such a toll on me physically,mentally and financially. This could possibly the hardest time in my life.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mako:

Many here have been through it and came out on the other end with security that they never had before. It took me 5 and 1/2 years with some victories scarped out over time but now all I have to do is keep good care of myself and mind the Docs and hopefully live a long time.

Please hang in there and it there is any comfort to me the VA is starting to pick up the pace on granting awards. Hopefully your wait will be shortened. I have this hope for all who wait.

Please don't believe every words that the 800 numbers give you. 56% of the time it is not your VARO when you call the 800 number and they don't have your information you are requesting. I call the Baltimore,MD VARO, but got the AZ VARO and they could answer my questions about my claims. Good Luck with your claims. God bless my Hadit.com Veterans