VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got Home From C&p Exam

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

Good afternoon, I had an exam today at 1:15. It was done by a nurse for a chronic issue I have had due to my service connected medications. I handed the nurse my IMO from my VA doc and she said it was already in my notes and didn't need to read it. I was like "HUH?" I then said, "This is a letter that the doc did off the chart, not in notes." She read it and she said, "well, I will look at the notes." I could tell she didn't want to read because of her attitude. She said, MMMMMMMM. Looks like you might have an issue here. I said, Darn right, and it's been going on for over a year now.

I then started to explain my symptoms and how often they occur and she interrupted me and said, "I will ask the questions." I said OK that's fine. Man, she did not want to hear my complaints at all.

I've had such bad experiences with these examiners I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw a piece of hair.

I thank Hadit for making me more knowledgable on how the examiners try to control these exams to their best interests. I can't express how important it is to make sure these exams are done right the first time. They take too long to get to not make sure they are done right.

Frank

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I then started to explain my symptoms and how often they occur and she interrupted me and said, "I will ask the questions." I said OK that's fine. Man, she did not want to hear my complaints at all.

I've had such bad experiences with these examiners I don't trust any of them as far as I can throw a piece of hair.

Frank,

I am relating my experience with one of my last C&P exams a year ago:

I started telling the psychologist all of my issues, and he stated "I will be asking the questions and you are to answer the questions, understand?" I was pretty sure that He was an arse and this would be a bad C&P for me.

Come to find out that after I got a copy of the C&P, He wrote a favorable for SC with a GAF of 53 that day.

Not saying that this is your case but, their workload is as such that they control the C&P as to answer the required questions that the VA has to have, and of course some are complete arses.

Boondoc

• HadIt.com Elder

I had this one C&P doctor who said he could not evaluate me for IU because I was not working. This is the kind of crap that makes me always keep a few doctors on the payroll to write my medical reports.

Wow, sounds like you had someone who had already made up their mind about your case and didn't want to hear about anything else. At my last C&P for Soc. Sec., I had a psychiatrist, who was kind of the same way. He asked questions for a half an hour, didn't really want my opinions, and I was out the door. The NOVA lawyer I have says that is because the psychiatrist is being paid by Soc. Sec., and if he rates too many people as qualified, then Soc. Sec. will not keep him on the books.

I am thankful that I will get an IMO prior to my appeal at BVA and ALJ.

WOW! now that's insane... :angry: ..

frank

I had this one C&P doctor who said he could not evaluate me for IU because I was not working. This is the kind of crap that makes me always keep a few doctors on the payroll to write my medical reports.

I really don't know...I just know she wasn't a doctor so I assume nurse. She had nurse outfit on but I don't know if she was an RN or NP.

Frank

Wholesale-

Your C&P was done by a nurse??? Like an RN or an NP?