VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Appointment

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What shold I expect

What will he ask

What is he looking for

I have been exposed in RVN

It depends on the condition that can be linked to Agent Orange exposure. The most common is skin conditions, for example: chloracne.

Then there is cancer, among others.

Review these sites as a starting point (i.e. the more you know the better you'll be able to speak and respond to doctor/va questions):

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/benefits/Herbicide/

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/a...rans_public.asp

http://www.militaryspot.com/resources/item/agent_orange/

TS

• HadIt.com Elder

If a Vet is 100% and believes that they were exposed to Agent Orange can they get the VA check them out? Even if they were not in a VA approved exposure duty station?

Correct

The Doctor stated that anybody the was in RVN is assumed that they were expose.

He was very informative

When you are resisters you need to list all your aliament. They are still studing the effects of the Agent Orange patient. He was mostly concern about my Lung X ray, for cancer reason.

It was very good, and seem to care about the registry and future cvlaims if I was stricken in the future

• HadIt.com Elder
TY Commander Bob for your opinion

It the only organized appointment I have had

and he didn't give me any pills to fix me

I am sure the VA is glad to hear that your lungs are ok. However, if in the distant future , God forbid, something AO related does go wrong with your lungs. The VARO rater will use your current AO Register report against you, when determining your AO service connection condition. That is just an example of why I am not pleased with the AO registry. I wish it was more helpful in areas such as, determining the dioxin levels in our bodies.

If you had been exposed to AO in RVN, there is a good chance you would remember it. I was in a light weapons infantry line company, and lived in the jungle, most of the time. I remember slugging through the jungle, and coming upon a moonscape of defoliated land. I also remember, what a good field of fire it made. I even slept in it a few nights, and filled my canteens in the contaminated rivers and run off.

Not everyone exposed to AO, gets sick from it. I hope you and I are among them, and we live a long and enjoyable life.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93