VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Appointment

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You know back in the 90's my VAMC got in trouble for doing too many open heart surgeries. They would do these major surgeries on really old vets in bad shape. They were doing this to help train young doctors from the medical school next door. The VA got money for doing this from the medical school. They did not care if the vet's lived or died soon after.

• HadIt.com Elder
You know back in the 90's my VAMC got in trouble for doing too many open heart surgeries. They would do these major surgeries on really old vets in bad shape. They were doing this to help train young doctors from the medical school next door.

I remember those days, John. The VAMCs also had a higher than average annual unexpected death rate, as well. When it was mentioned in the media, it was blamed on the character of the veteran population, they served.

As you posted, VAMCs are indeed built close to medical schools... ( The elephant in the room ). The VA hospital model is the closest thing we have to nationalized, or socialized medicine, in our country. I have read where British veterans gripe about not having a veterans hospital system of their own.... I have read complaints from the Brit vets, that they are just tossed into their national health care, along with all the civilians.

The first VSO I had (Vietnam Veterans of America ) was stationed at the same location, only six months before me...He was the one who told me about the big spill....At our first meeting he asked were I was stationed...after telling him, His next words were " HOME RUN"....

Edited by buickx

Someone mentioned chloracne-which is one the most difficult claims to get an award on-next to Peripheral Neuropathy-unless it is due to AO DMII.

Chloracne must appear within one year of the veteran's last day in Vietnam (IE: treatment and diagnosis must appear in their SMRs.)

I have only seen one PN award in over 20 years due to AO but not diabetes mellitus- I posted it here about a month ago.

The veteran showed signs of PN in his SMRs during his Vietnam duty period.

The VA does not compensate any disability as an AO disability unless it is on the AO presumptive list-unless the veteran has a very strong medical opinion from an environmental expert.

I have only seen one AO claim like that actually awarded-in 20 years.

Please ask your Congressmen/women and Senators to support the Agent Orange Equity Act.

Lung cancer - VA will only SC this disability due to AO-if in fact the cancer is of a soft tissue sarcoma type.

All AO STS cancers are listed within 38 CFR 3.309.

Edited by Berta