VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Complex Ptsd

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

When a death incident was reported that the DoD or Captain covered up, for what ever reason, the person who witnessed the incident, especially if the person was involved in some way, will undoubtedly be stuck in an indelible loop within the unconscious mind that will haunt, for the duration of the victims life.

Add several of these misreported incidents and the loop becomes complex. Complex PTSD is not even being diagnosed by the VA or DoD. The VA has left the VET with the "just give us one stressor" proof. Put a cucumber in a vat of brine. When is the exact point at which the cucumber becomes a pickle, and prove it.

The VET with Complex PTSD, is left in a life of confusion, anxiety, depression, and the feelings of being overwhelmed with a past that will not and can not be corrected.

The least amount of witnesses, in a combat death, increases the spin on the final death incident report.

Under reporting or misreporting service deaths, for what ever reason, should considered be an "act of treason", no matter how far up the ranks or how many people the decision of the act should go.

It is my opinion, that this is one of the reason for a million back-logged VA claims and increase in suicides.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the Complex PTSD victim can somehow manage to go into a one person business that can accommodate their their condition and chronic sporadic lapses into the twilight zone, until collapse or at least 55, then this person should be given a medal. This is the easiest way to live with PTSD, if at all possible. Government has give toothless rules for VETS, in small business, to make this way of life possible. (No-social life)

If the Complex PTSD victim works in regular job with all of the BS and politics of a regular work environment, until the persons mind collapses, this person should be given a medal and held in the highest esteem of the entire country. I don't see how this can be done, and I could not work a regular job. (A possible partial social life)

JMHO.

This is all fresh in my mind, as my doctor has changed a medication that I have been taking for four years. The change in sleep meds has caused my right leg to start jumping around again, keeping me awake. The circle of sick-ass dreams has started all over again. I don't think this Alprozolam is helping me sleep at all. I have been in the twilight zone for several weeks.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

This is the VA's take on Sharon's link.

What are examples of types of captivity that are associated with chronic trauma?

Judith Herman notes that during long-term traumas, the victim is generally held in a state of captivity, physically or emotionally. In these situations the victim is under the control of the perpetrator and unable to flee.

Examples of captivity include:..................(VA Examples)

1. Concentration camps
  2. Prisoner of War camps
  3. Prostitution brothels
  4. Long-term domestic violence
  5. Long-term, severe physical abuse
  6. Child sexual abuse
  7. Organized child exploitation rings

----------------------------------------------------------..Some of my examples of captivity are:

1. Living on a ship in the middle of the Pacific or Atlantic ocean/with no possible escape for years.
  2. Having a sadistic Chief that singles you out and rides you constantly for years knowing that if you hurt that Chief you dishonor your service and family.
  3. Witnessing many deaths without being able to even stop and reflect.
  4. Being assaulted in a supposed accidental fall that should have killed you, after refusing to continue in CBW experiments treatment as a victim; almost dying from these SHAD experiments.
  5. Not being able to trust the corpsman treating you as he is part of the delivery system for the CBW.
  6. Learning of a fellow CBW SHAD Victim (Good AO Chief) who also refused continued treatment, accidental death after a 17 story accidental fall just a few weeks before your accidental fall.
  7. Witnessing the death of a hero, that should have been your own; your supervisor ignores the death after you reported the incident; being told that it did not happen. Then having you brains beat out so that it will make it easier for you to participate in the cover-up.
  8. Knowing that the VA, VBA, DAV, DoD, and many orgs. are run by Army Lifers who have never been on a ship and have no idea what any of the ops, conditions, or exposures are all about. I might add that they do not even care.
  9. Other conditions that I can not even talk about.