VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbi - Forensic Custody Eval Dangerous To Va Comp

Rate this question

MBGA 101104

Question

Hello everyone I am going through a bitter divorce soon to be x spouse tried to use PTSD to get custody of my kids and failed. I have a separation agreement she is contesting using a Reserve JAG lawyer / with civ practice against me. Conflict of interest ? Can the out come of a forensic custody evaluation be used to overturn my VA compensation?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I dont know what a forensic custody evaluation means but this matter would not "overturn" your PTSD evaluation-as it seems it is a civil matter-

But- this BVA case shows what the VA could do- under the Legal Analysis-

there could be an appointment made-to the ex spouse for the children or maybe for her too.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp09/files2/0916024.txt

I found this information on forensic custody evaluations- -

it could affect the custody matter:

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/new_york/nyfaq18

Have you already been awarded custody and/or visitations?

Do you have a lawyer?

I would think a forensic evaluation has to be done regarding all parties involved.

This evaluation has nothing to do with your compensation from the VA. You have no reason to contact the VA other than to take her off as your dependent once the divorce is final. If she sends it into the VA it is not suppose to be considered, as it is third party information. Good Luck. Good to see a father fighting for his childern. You have my prayers.

My situation is complex in that I am 100% VA SC & (CRSC) and TDRL status from the service. In Fact I am under TDRL medical review at the same time dealing with a divorce. The TDRL review is being done at my VA so based on their findings can that throw my VA comp in review? I had such a horror show getting my benefits and my spouse calculated so that the divorce would be along the same time as my TRDRL review. Yes I have a lawyer and yes I have temp custody of my children but most lawyers don't know about military issues. I am sure like most of us without the medications and medical support from the VA our conditions would get worse or unable to function. The TDRL exam will show some inprovements based on medcations and adapting. But in no way erase the damage sustained.

Does anyone recommend getting medical and psychological services away from the VA?

Does the TDRL medical exam have anything to do with the VA SC COMP?

Thank you all for your kind words, information and support.

These are three different exams. You are free to use a private doctor. Keep the three seperate. The forensic custody evaluation should be done by a private doctor. The TDRL review should be done by DOD. Your rating from the VA should help you with the TDRL.