VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu / Never Approved Right Away Regardless Of Who U R

Rate this question

Coopsta

Question

I have submitted EVERYTHING you can imagine to VA in support my claim ....up to and including letters from my former company commader who attested to how much i struggled in boot and how i was singled out .. yet still i was denied....i'd love to REALLY UNLOAD on this site as to how i feel about the way VA does their buisness, but i won't , have you ever heard the term " it's not what you know it's who you know" ....let me just say that is precisely verbatum.

I'm not here for a bitch session and quite frankly if their are a chosen few who think i am well stop reading this post now and do yourself a favor and MOVE ON ....i am sick and tired of fighting the system( over 5 yrs now...( i dont care about eople fighting for over 20 yrs we're not talking about them we're talking about me at the moment ) , VA ESPECIALLY , yeah yeah yeah i know all about how it's back logged with thousands of files ....granted i know thats true .....hire more people or have people do volunteer work.....

Anyway perhaps i'm asking for to much, although i seriously doubt it, i just want my just due like the rest of do....about a year ago i got my congressman involved and would you believe from the time i called him ad he got invlved to the time i got the letter of denial of course it took 2 and a 1/2 weeks ....wow ....can you imagine that ......that got on the ball then ddnt they ...amazing when they have to move they do.....wouldn't want to piss off the boys on the hill...........listen i'm not trying to be difficult .....and maybe i have waaay to much time on my hands ...granted i am damn sure i do.....the fighting is wiping me out.....i have help from some damn good people who have been around the block a few times....my VSO here in Massachusetts .....i'll leave it at that ...he is uselss ....he's just another goverment employee collecting a $$$ check ....period nothing more then that.....he spends more time on vacation then he does in his office and i told him that ....if i get the chance i'll tell him again ....he never returns my calls and only when he does its weeks later and i forget why i called him to begin with.SSDI ...i've been on for about 5yrs now .....i dont work and i cant either i have adhd/ depression, Bi-polar,major depression,anger,on all kinds meds...

Coop

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

i dont work and i cant either i have adhd/ depression, Bi-polar,major depression,anger,on all kinds meds...

I don't see PTSD listed. File a claim for aniexity disorder, bipolar, and major depressive disorder. They do not have to have a "verifiable stressor".

i dont work and i cant either i have adhd/ depression, Bi-polar,major depression,anger,on all kinds meds...

I don't see PTSD listed. File a claim for aniexity disorder, bipolar, and major depressive disorder. They do not have to have a "verifiable stressor".

I'm really suprised i didn't list PTSD i am wracked with PPTTSSDD .....i have ad it for a long time..PTSD has effected me for as far back as i can remember...

Sharon, What do you mean they don't have to have a "verifiable stressor" for a PTSD claim?

Coopsta, I am reminded of Clint Eastwood's line about "A man's got to know his own limitations". I hate having limitations! I never used to have the limitations that I do now, and it has been a humbling experience to admit that I am no longer a good employee for someone to hire; no matter how good I am in my field.

I also hate the hurry up and wait game, even though that seems to be the way the Government operates. I am currently waiting on two appeals (BVA and SSDI), and my wife and I are barely making ends meet. If she hadn't won her SSI case recently, I don't know where we would be sitting right now. So I do have something to be thankful about, and I need to remember that when I jump on the Pity Pot; because I too am bipolar, and jumping on the Pity Pot takes me down a road I don't want to be on.

Louis

• HadIt.com Elder

Coopsta the VA does not care who you know. They are above that. They answer to no one.

I am sorry you have been fighting for over 5 years. I can tell you are barely hloding it together.

What you can do is the following. Research each of your medical conditions to the fullest. know where each issue stands as stacked up to the title 38 code of federal regulations. be sure to research your med recs and SMR to prove in service events like injuries, MD trips and ect are in the records and then put it together.

This sounds like a lot to do but it does work. Also owhen corresponding to the VA dont ever insult, chastise, or take a mean demeaner with them.

Just be blunt and straight often quote the regs but be nice.

Bonzai, Sharon is corrrect about the Stressor. if you have a PH ,CIB or some type of medal that shows you have been in combat is stressor enough for PTSD.

If you were non combat then a stressor must be proven.

J

Sharon, What do you mean they don't have to have a "verifiable stressor" for a PTSD claim?

Coopsta, I am reminded of Clint Eastwood's line about "A man's got to know his own limitations". I hate having limitations! I never used to have the limitations that I do now, and it has been a humbling experience to admit that I am no longer a good employee for someone to hire; no matter how good I am in my field.

I also hate the hurry up and wait game, even though that seems to be the way the Government operates. I am currently waiting on two appeals (BVA and SSDI), and my wife and I are barely making ends meet. If she hadn't won her SSI case recently, I don't know where we would be sitting right now. So I do have something to be thankful about, and I need to remember that when I jump on the Pity Pot; because I too am bipolar, and jumping on the Pity Pot takes me down a road I don't want to be on.

Louis

PTSD was not included in they.

I read it wrong and became confused. Thanks for the clarification!

I do have stressors, but no way to prove them. i.e. During the Airborne graduation run, someone started struggling, so we took his pack, and then a little while later he collapsed. I and others started CPR until the ambulance pulled up, and then we ran faster to catch back up with the others. I found out later that he was pronounced DOA. I know all this, nothing wrong with my memory on this. But I can't even prove I went to Airborne school, as it is not on my DD214 - however, my being Airborne Qualified is! I also don't know the name of the person who died is. I never even talked about this until I was out of the service for over 10 years. There are other things, but I won't go into them in detail, due to their nature.

I agree with Coopsta when he says "I just want my just due like the rest of do", and I feel very frustrated with having to wait and wait. I know... I know... Take a number and stand in line... LOL