VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu / Never Approved Right Away Regardless Of Who U R

Rate this question

Coopsta

Question

I have submitted EVERYTHING you can imagine to VA in support my claim ....up to and including letters from my former company commader who attested to how much i struggled in boot and how i was singled out .. yet still i was denied....i'd love to REALLY UNLOAD on this site as to how i feel about the way VA does their buisness, but i won't , have you ever heard the term " it's not what you know it's who you know" ....let me just say that is precisely verbatum.

I'm not here for a bitch session and quite frankly if their are a chosen few who think i am well stop reading this post now and do yourself a favor and MOVE ON ....i am sick and tired of fighting the system( over 5 yrs now...( i dont care about eople fighting for over 20 yrs we're not talking about them we're talking about me at the moment ) , VA ESPECIALLY , yeah yeah yeah i know all about how it's back logged with thousands of files ....granted i know thats true .....hire more people or have people do volunteer work.....

Anyway perhaps i'm asking for to much, although i seriously doubt it, i just want my just due like the rest of do....about a year ago i got my congressman involved and would you believe from the time i called him ad he got invlved to the time i got the letter of denial of course it took 2 and a 1/2 weeks ....wow ....can you imagine that ......that got on the ball then ddnt they ...amazing when they have to move they do.....wouldn't want to piss off the boys on the hill...........listen i'm not trying to be difficult .....and maybe i have waaay to much time on my hands ...granted i am damn sure i do.....the fighting is wiping me out.....i have help from some damn good people who have been around the block a few times....my VSO here in Massachusetts .....i'll leave it at that ...he is uselss ....he's just another goverment employee collecting a $$$ check ....period nothing more then that.....he spends more time on vacation then he does in his office and i told him that ....if i get the chance i'll tell him again ....he never returns my calls and only when he does its weeks later and i forget why i called him to begin with.SSDI ...i've been on for about 5yrs now .....i dont work and i cant either i have adhd/ depression, Bi-polar,major depression,anger,on all kinds meds...

Coop

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree that there's no excuse for the long wait at the VA and Social Security.

We did our time, we held up our end of the bargain, and now all we get are excuses.

There is no acceptable excuse!

I'm afraid it's going to take some ugly incidents to get things moving, because that's all our government respects.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta has long maintained that dealing with the VA causes VA PTSD. Think about it.

Pete,

I would agree that dealing with VBA Claims sure can be the cause

of anxiety and depression, but when one actually reads through

the DSM IV criteria for PTSD, I do not agree that fighting the VBA

can have a residual effect of producing PTSD

but it can certainly exacerbate symptoms of one,already having PTSD.

I do remember Berta posting as you said - but I always felt she was venting

and I personally did not take it seriously.

Some may want to debate it and I think that may be a greattopic to address,

in a separate thread.

jmho,

carlie

309.81 Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

Diagnostic Features

The essential features of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder is the development of characteristic symptoms following exposure to an extreme traumatic stressor involving direct personal experience of an event that involves actual or threatened death or serious injury, or other threat to one's physical integrity; or witnessing an event that involves death, injury, or a threat to another person; or learning about unexpected or violent death, serious harm, or threat of death or injury experienced by a family member or other close associate (Criterion A1).

I read it wrong and became confused. Thanks for the clarification!

I do have stressors, but no way to prove them. i.e. During the Airborne graduation run, someone started struggling, so we took his pack, and then a little while later he collapsed. I and others started CPR until the ambulance pulled up, and then we ran faster to catch back up with the others. I found out later that he was pronounced DOA.

Bonzai,

I feel that many mental health professional would say this "stressor" may not

rise to a level, that would be productive of PTSD.

You posted you have other "stressors", has a MH doc provided an etiology of one

of them to PTSD?

Coop,

Sorry for going a bit off topic here.

jmho,

carlie

My TDIU and all my claims were handled in a timely manner.

I think with mental health issues, the VA doctors generally do not like to classify someone as unemployable, which kills the claim. Also the VA seems to take TDIU very seriously, and only approve it when they believe you will no longer improve or be able to work. Mental health professionals always look to improve your condition in the future.

I am rated higher for Anxiety than anything else, yet my mental health issues were not considered for TDIU. You can see posting by posting that the mental health claims for TDIU take the longest and are denied at a high percentage rate.

What did your mental health docs say in their reports about you?