VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

I was just recently denied my claim for entitlement to compensation for PTSD.

I know that I am already at 100%; but that is by TDIU. My SC comp does not equal 100% and it would be better to be schedular. Anyway, PTSD was not just diagnosed on my recounting of the past events but by a series of tests. VARO noted the MH records they wanted to view and ignored the rest of the record or they would have seen the tests I took in my records, as well.

Anyway, I really want SC for the PTSD because it is a real issue and the anxiety is real too. I'm also still undergoing treatment and participating in group.

Any words of wisdom are welcomed. Thanks, in advance. I've been having flare-ups lately and dealing with some major pain. So, I don't come to the site as often as I use to because of the sitting and typing involved. It will pass but for right now it's vicodin and muscle relaxers, along with reclining and napping.

So, if I don't respond back right away...you know why ahead of time. Thanks for our continued help.

Edited by luvHIM

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

... Anyway, PTSD was not just diagnosed on my recounting of the past events but by a series of tests. VARO noted the MH records they wanted to view and ignored the rest of the record or they would have seen the tests I took in my records, as well.

Anyway, I really want SC for the PTSD because it is a real issue and the anxiety is real too. I'm also still undergoing treatment and participating in group...

I just posted a question to Sharon in another thread, about where she stated that they don't have to have a "verifiable stressor" for PTSD. Which was a major point in whether or not I should have filed (pre-9/11). I have stated that I wasn't going to file for PTSD, but depending on the answer I get, maybe I should. I know there are issues from the past that may be exacerbating what I am going through now. :D

• HadIt.com Elder

Luvhim,

Since you've been denied, submit a "notice of disagreement", (NOD) along with your evidence showing you have a current diagnoses & what gaf score you have.

The best way is to request a local hearing with a rater at the VARO handling your claim. Once there, request a "formal" hearing, get sworn in & submit the evidence in person. You can get the evidence time stamped & entered into the record.

Anything you mail in, make sure it is sent, "return receipt requested".

• HadIt.com Elder

You can also send in a NOD & request a De Nova Review.

Below is a sample NOD..............

NOD Notice of Disagreement SAMPLE

[ Date ]

Department of Veterans Affairs

[ Address of Regional Office ]

Attention: [ Your Claim Number ] – [ In Reply to: (right hand corner of rating decision) ]

Dear Sir,

I received a rating decision dated [ Date ]. Consider this letter to be an official “Notice of

Disagreement” (NOD) regarding the following disability:

1) ……

I am requesting a “De Novo Review” by a new Decision Review Officer.

I will be awaiting your reply.

Sincerely,

[ Full Name ]

Thanks all for your responses.

I was in the process of moving when I got the decision letter from VARO denying my claim, which was in June.

Isn't it too late to send a NOD?

luvHIM,

can you scan in or post the parts of the Rating Decision (denial) that shows the

EVIDENCE and REASONS and BASES SECTIONS -- without your name or SS# on it?

Perhaps we can all help with your NOD.

carlie