VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Had A Cp Exam

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

Mr Vets new CP exam is scheduled for 60 mins and I do not see on the appointment sheet the MMPI testing like he has had 3x before- we are in remand from BVA -this will be his 3rd exam in 11yrs.-could it be because they finally realize he has been SS for PTSD since 03- and hasnt worked since-are we at the end-3 IMOS are PTSD-2 VA are not clear - and could they bedoing this to keep the score @ 4 to 3- and why not the MMPI this time? Stressors are verified and VA admitted PTSD back in 05'-and he is on SS for PTSDsince 03' and NSC because he can't work and hasn't since 01'-if they offset his NSC because of SS-why did they fail to even consider that evidence twice-in the SSOCs- until 07' when they've been offsetting since 03'?

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck on C&P exam. Go with your Veteran and try and let him have his say. Answer the questions thinking of how the overall picture is. If your husband never leaves home be sure and bring it up if the examiner does not.

I have just spent the last half hour, reading your story, thru your excellent past posts. Congratulations on your successes in the up-hill challenges and obstacles, and rabbit trails, you have been through with the VA. Like many of us, you and Mrvet have helped pay for a great number of VA employees' 401K plans. Remand, remand, remand. It's a never ending circle sometimes.

I really don't see why you are concerned about an MMPI. Does the VA claim that your Hubby has a personality disorder, as well as PTSD? That has been pulled on many of our younger new disabled and wounded vets. I have never heard about a MMPI being used when determining PTSD. Very odd???

I am not concerned but I find it odd in the last CP exam the examiner reported overexaggerated symptons on the MMPI - and so did the one he did in 02'-he cannot concentrate or even work a computer for that fact-and they used it against him-he is a Vietnam Veteran-

Good Luck on C&P exam. Go with your Veteran and try and let him have his say. Answer the questions thinking of how the overall picture is. If your husband never leaves home be sure and bring it up if the examiner does not.

If you recall this saga last time I went to be present the b*****h examiner had me detained by security-maybe thats why the attorney wants to go this time :D

The VA does not do the MMPI because they are afraid it would show objective evidence of a mental disorder. They like to play games and pretend that vets have personality disorders etc. It so much easer to get a prostitute doctor to look at a vet's records for ten minutes, and say he is a PD than do a real exam.

In the past he has had them each time before the examiner spoke with him- and then they reported "overexaggerated symptoms"