VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Had A Cp Exam

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

Mr Vets new CP exam is scheduled for 60 mins and I do not see on the appointment sheet the MMPI testing like he has had 3x before- we are in remand from BVA -this will be his 3rd exam in 11yrs.-could it be because they finally realize he has been SS for PTSD since 03- and hasnt worked since-are we at the end-3 IMOS are PTSD-2 VA are not clear - and could they bedoing this to keep the score @ 4 to 3- and why not the MMPI this time? Stressors are verified and VA admitted PTSD back in 05'-and he is on SS for PTSDsince 03' and NSC because he can't work and hasn't since 01'-if they offset his NSC because of SS-why did they fail to even consider that evidence twice-in the SSOCs- until 07' when they've been offsetting since 03'?

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

[='Commander Bob 92-93' date=Aug 2 2009, 12:43 PM' post='158074]

I have just spent the last half hour, reading your story, thru your excellent past posts. Congratulations on your successes in the up-hill challenges and obstacles, and rabbit trails, you have been through with the VA. Like many of us, you and Mrvet have helped pay for a great number of VA employees' 401K plans. Remand, remand, remand. It's a never ending circle sometimes.

I really don't see why you are concerned about an MMPI. Does the VA claim that your Hubby has a personality disorder, as well as PTSD? That has been pulled on many of our younger new disabled and wounded vets. I have never heard about a MMPI being used when determining PTSD. Very odd???

[='Commander Bob 92-93' date=Aug 2 2009, 12:43 PM' post='158074]

I have just spent the last half hour, reading your story, thru your excellent past posts. Congratulations on your successes in the up-hill challenges and obstacles, and rabbit trails, you have been through with the VA. Like many of us, you and Mrvet have helped pay for a great number of VA employees' 401K plans. Remand, remand, remand. It's a never ending circle sometimes.

I really don't see why you are concerned about an MMPI. Does the VA claim that your Hubby has a personality disorder, as well as PTSD? That has been pulled on many of our younger new disabled and wounded vets. I have never heard about a MMPI being used when determining PTSD. Very odd???

this is part of an addendum to the last CP exam he had-that discusses the deficient CP exam-

post-3016-1249261056_thumb.jpg

OOps loaded it twice-they are both the same

• HadIt.com Elder
0900500_APPEAL.txt

try that see what you think MrsVet

Thank you for posting Mrvet's BVA appeal. It will be helpful to many disabled vets filing their claims and appeals.... I have just read your BVA appeal decision, as well as some of your previous posts. The page you also posted, appears to be the appeal you presented for the BVA appeal...??? I'm glad to know that you have an attorney... IMHO, It appears that you were denied some claims and the rest were remanded back to the VARO for new tests and evaluations and ratings...

What did your lawyer tell you about it?

I was stationed southwest of Da Nang, in the central highlands, down near Chu Lai, in an army, light weapons infantry line company, in I corp RVN, 66-67.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

Don't know. I have never had a MMPI from VA. Did have one from civilian doc though

frank

Mr Vets new CP exam is scheduled for 60 mins and I do not see on the appointment sheet the MMPI testing like he has had 3x before- we are in remand from BVA -this will be his 3rd exam in 11yrs.-could it be because they finally realize he has been SS for PTSD since 03- and hasnt worked since-are we at the end-3 IMOS are PTSD-2 VA are not clear - and could they bedoing this to keep the score @ 4 to 3- and why not the MMPI this time? Stressors are verified and VA admitted PTSD back in 05'-and he is on SS for PTSDsince 03' and NSC because he can't work and hasn't since 01'-if they offset his NSC because of SS-why did they fail to even consider that evidence twice-in the SSOCs- until 07' when they've been offsetting since 03'?

John, I think they do the MMPI just for the reason you say they don't. They want to get a PD diagnosis so as to deny based on PD. MMPI is so manipulative and doctor can say you have PD just by answering a few questions differently. It's a crap shoot with these guys. On my last MMPI with civilian doc there was a question that asked if I liked to tease animals. Well I could of either answer that Yes or No depending on what they mean by teasing. I play tease all the time but not in a malicious way.

Many questions were asked twice or maybe three times just in different ways. The problem with this is the same questions can be interpreted differently when asked a different way so you may answer yes on one and no on another. After 3 hours I was just ready to throw in the towel. These tests are draining and boring.

The way I see it there's too much room for interpretation with many of these questions.

Just for the record though I answered "NO" to the teasing question..... :D LOL

frank

The VA does not do the MMPI because they are afraid it would show objective evidence of a mental disorder. They like to play games and pretend that vets have personality disorders etc. It so much easer to get a prostitute doctor to look at a vet's records for ten minutes, and say he is a PD than do a real exam.
Edited by WHOLESALE