VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions During A C&p Exam

Rate this question

BoonDoc

Question

Which has the most weght in a claim for mental disorders, a Phd. Psychologist, or GP?

Had the Phd. give a favorable C&P.

nine months later, another C&P by a GP, who asked a series of questions like "could you handle receiving a large amount of money given to you?", and can you cook yourself a meal? Can you handle reconciling your checkbook?

I've never had an exam like this before.

Does anyone know what the point was, had one like this, etc?

Thanks,

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup. The "point" of the latest "exam" was to determine whether you were "mentally competent" to handle your own affairs, or whether they should "appoint" a fiduciary, someone to take care of your finances. IN CASE YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY, SUDDENLY!! :D :D :D

He looking into your ability to take of yourself and managing your finances. It one of the points of the seriousness of your rating. Thats my opinion, others will chime in

Larry, Did you have a simular C&P exam?

The GP told me that the questions might sound strange, but there was a valid reason for them.

First thing to come to my mind was, going back to 3K lock up! Then, that the exam was to downplay my symptoms, and lowball, or deny my claim.

With direct deposit having a fiduciary would really only be paperwork, other than the legal aspect.

Thanks,

Boondoc

Yup. The "point" of the latest "exam" was to determine whether you were "mentally competent" to handle your own affairs, or whether they should "appoint" a fiduciary, someone to take care of your finances. IN CASE YOU SHOULD RECEIVE A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY, SUDDENLY!! :D :D :D
Edited by BoonDoc

• HadIt.com Elder
Larry, Did you have a simular C&P exam?

The GP told me that the questions might sound strange, but there was a valid reason for them.

First thing to come to my mind was, going back to 3K lock up! Then, that the exam was to downplay my symptoms, and lowball, or deny my claim.

With direct deposit having a fiduciary would really only be paperwork, other than the legal aspect.

Thanks,

Boondoc

Au contraire, my dear boondocker.

For, if'n they find you "incompetent", then they do not send the money to you (or your bank account), but, instead, to your fiduciary-type person. That's the point in having one, so's you can't get your grubby, mentally-incompetent hands on it.

But, that is something that they very, very seldom do, declare someone incompetent (otherwise, what's their excuse with ME.....he-he)!

It is something that they do to make sure that you don't get a large sum of money and go, say, and buy a new Mercedes.........like an SLK (man, I'll tell ya, that one that I got, it's one fas...............), er, ahhhh........well, hell, some incompetents will, obviously, slip through their fingers! :D

:D

Larry, I guess I was thinking that my wife would be that person if that's ever an issue, but I guess the VA might think differently.

Ahh, it's okay for the VA doc to have the SLK, but not a vet...I'm begining to see how they think! lol

Boondoc