VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re; Finding The Fakes Among The Heroes

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't do a lot of face to face with vets, these days. Years ago when the Vietnam vet wannabes and fakers, started to recount their days in the jungle. I would ask them one question: " So, what was your MOS?" A blank stare, or hesitation, usually gave them away.

I am also a bit disappointed how the word "HERO", is thrown around, these days. It devalues the word and the deeds. Just being incountry, does not make one a hero.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a 60 min. episode of a man who went through life claiming he was a retired admiral, and got away with it too, for the most part. He wore a Congressional Medal Honor, the show played a clip of Pres. Bush saluting him!

After a serious of failed business ventures, or cons is a better word, I think He finally committed suicide.

Come to find out he was the son of an Admiral from the 'Ol man's first marriagem and was the black sheep of the family...I guess so!

With the Internet, helps verify claims, it makes it easier today to see if someone is lying.

You could have a NEC and have run through the jungle too.

Good point,

Boondoc

I am also a bit disappointed how the word "HERO", is thrown around, these days. It devalues the word and the deeds. Just being incountry, does not make one a hero.

Edited by BoonDoc

Commander Bob,

You are absolutely right about the wanna be's. Like you I am very careful about folks who claim to be Vets. Especially Viet Nam Vets. I've had so many jerks come up to me and talk about being in secret units that "they'd have to kill me if they told me". However, they couldn't tell me where they took basic, what their MOS was or what unit they were assigned to in the Army.

I spent 20 plus years in combat boots either in Armor or Aviation, and I never saw a unit (other than Delta or the old Phoenix program) that was in black ops. Especially one that took civilians straight off the street and turn them into super duper ninji killing machines without benefit of any basic training and AIT.

I get so damn mad that I just want to grab them and kick their a**. Instead I usually expose these worthless creatures of dung for what they are and enjoy their dismay at being exposed as a fraud in front of a crowd. Heroes my a**. These pathetic, slimey, worthless POS do dishonor to our brothers and sisters who gave their lives for our country.

Excuse me--I just noticed that I am slobbering, my right eye is twitching, veins have protruding from my forehead and I have inadvertently chewed through my desk. Time to go take one of those little pills those nice people down at VA tell me to take for my anger management problem.

Cav

We have a wall in DC full of Heros, the true heros that fought for Freedom. The fakes know they are looking at a liar each time they look into the mirror. Just think we fought for those assholes also!

I don't do a lot of face to face with vets, these days. Years ago when the Vietnam vet wannabes and fakers, started to recount their days in the jungle. I would ask them one question: " So, what was your MOS?" A blank stare, or hesitation, usually gave them away.

You are right on about this one C-Bob about this Hero stuff it is used very loosely. I my self was in a non-combat MOS but have been there many times and was never afraid to say my MOS. I have seen a lot of those pauses your talking about too. Hero? Na I'm no "HERO" I just always felt we were fighting for each other than our country, but don't get me wrong I love my country make no mistake about it but I have always personally felt those left behind or those who risked them selves for the sake of many. Those who gave more then the rest of us or saved us from a bad way. Not all of us were "HEROES" we were just trying to keep each other alive..I am a pretty good judge of caricature and I still do as my daddy said listen 2 time more than you speak to people sort out the BS for your self. Yoggie

• HadIt.com Elder

The fakes, wannabes, and the phonies don't know what a MOS is. Even if they have been hanging out with real vets, or watching war movies. The number and letter combinations in a MOS, trip them up, and usually they will talk about units, war stories, or areas of operations,instead. Recently, I had an opportunity to ask a young hero vet who was working on my car and telling me his war stories after he noticed my PH auto tag. After awhile, I asked him "what was your MOS?" He said Strikers Unit. You could tell he was clueless about what a MOS was. This method works 99% of the time.