VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

During My Ptsd Exam I Was Told I Scored...

Rate this question

hawkcrewchief

Question

During a c&p exam for PTSD I wAs told I had a score of 75 on my pcl pcv PVC or something exam, I cannot remember the acronym. Does anyone here know what test this is, and what that score means?

At my exam I felt like I was in the movie A few good men. For two hours this doctor asked alot of questions, and wanted alot of details. He seemed like a nice guy though. I was really getting worked up with the fact that this Is the longest exam I had ever had. I also got my TBI c&p done but that went real fast 15 minutes or so they asked about headaches and other stuff., do you get rated for both or only one? Do they combine the ratings, or just go with the highest one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Why not request a copy of your PTSD exam? Also ask for your progress notes. Could make interesting reading for you.

PCL is an established "cutting score" (cutting scores that are consistent with or supportive of a PTSD diagnosis are as follows: PCL - not less than 50; Mississippi Scale not less than 107; MMPI PTSD subscale a score > 28; MMPI code type: 2-8 or 2-7-8)

I got this off VA website.

frank

During a c&p exam for PTSD I wAs told I had a score of 75 on my pcl pcv PVC or something exam, I cannot remember the acronym. Does anyone here know what test this is, and what that score means?

At my exam I felt like I was in the movie A few good men. For two hours this doctor asked alot of questions, and wanted alot of details. He seemed like a nice guy though. I was really getting worked up with the fact that this Is the longest exam I had ever had. I also got my TBI c&p done but that went real fast 15 minutes or so they asked about headaches and other stuff., do you get rated for both or only one? Do they combine the ratings, or just go with the highest one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I called and requested the notes, they said they will mail them out.

Ahhhhh PCL that's the one!!!!! So I got a 75 on that.

Let me ask you, do tbi and PTSD get rated together or do you just get one or the other.

TBI residuals should be rated as separate from PTSD.

Check here for PTSD:

When diagnoised on active duty;

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....72&idno=38

§ 4.129 Mental disorders due to traumatic stress.

When a mental disorder that develops in service as a result of a highly stressful event is severe enough to bring about the veteran's release from active military service, the rating agency shall assign an evaluation of not less than 50 percent and schedule an examination within the six month period following the veteran's discharge to determine whether a change in evaluation is warranted.

and here for:

§ 4.130 Schedule of ratings—mental disorders.

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....73&idno=38

Check here under Diagnostic Code 8045 :

§ 4.124a Schedule of ratings—neurological conditions and convulsive disorders

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....67&idno=38

Some residual symptoms are usually co-morbid.

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Am researching for upcoming exam and keep finding 'co-morbid', not a everyday word I use.

defined: Co-morbid: Pertaining to two or more disorders simultaneously.

Thanks Carlie ......'Some residual symptoms are usually co-morbid..'