VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cp Exam Done My Appeal Need Help Please!

Rate this question

AlekseiFL

Question

Hey All,

Its Very hard for me to write, due to im on 27 prescitptions a day im very , very medicated so forgive my mistkes please.

Ive been turned down for VA Pension before and My Case for pension is on Appeal atm.

Im Disabled Vet I received Medical Honorable Discharge but have been fighting for pension for very long time.

I am 100% Disabled I have zero income im awaiting SSD/SSI hearing and Miltary Pension have Lawyer.

Im not geting any Navy Pension at all.

I have Chrons Disease,Ulcertive Coltis,Chronic Abdomional Pain,Bio Polar 2,Anxiety Disorder,Depression Disorder,PST and geting checked for sleep apnea as well, as Nurelogy issue with tremors.

I just Had Cp-Pension meeting with the Doctor he was very understanding and also by the way was Retired Navy Captain as well as Doctor.

He told me was supposed to see them In 2007 Cp Pension but had Missed it, I never new about it, was bunch them was sick for.

Anyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, In about 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

He Knows have no income and maybe homeless soon, so he told me dont worry im reviewed you medical info and your 100% Disabled , he said futhermore he was Recommending that I get 100% Service Connected.

I was Stunned to say the Least had heard and been waiting years to get even any percent, always felt 1 day if didnt die 1st or die due to sucide 1st that would get 100% pension.

So asked the Doctor at cp pension exam what does that mean will get what % he said since been waiting years and years with nothing and medical documents are so through that I would for sure get 50% at very least to 100% max full service connected with backpay told me, award letter will come to me in 6 weeks.

Here is My issue he told me that for sure slam dunk that at very least would get 50% to start with backpay service connected up to 100% to start but my Pension is on Appeal so does what doctor told me is that true will find out in 6 weeks?

I run out of rent vouchers in 2 monthes will be homeless if not have , cat and dog, I dont smoke or drink, and no drugs.

I spoke to my Lawyer he said even Know were appealing he said , all their waiting on his Cp pension exam results to decide on my case, but have heard from others, you need Pension Hearing before they decide , but my lawyer told me pension hearing most time are useless, they can decide without you going to one.

But VA people told me could be years for appeal Process, like said so is what doctor told me true will find out cp - pension award letter in 6 weeks, and my long suffering will be over and be to move out of this crappy hotel, in very bad neighboorhood?

Even if get 50-100% pension service connected will get few years backpay so be to move to decent area and get car again, and have income to get basic needs, till get my SSD hearing and backpay from that.

I know im hard to follow, please help me its all My meds im on.

thank you

• Answers 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What i wanna Know is since this was requested By VA for my NOD apeal is what Doctor told me at cp exam true, will find out in 6 weeks get letter?

Can they Decide on my case right now not have to wait for to go to BVA etc?

Im running out of time my life atm with No income for 5 years now is liveing hell, Mentally and Phsycially, 2 monthes of rent vouchers left No Income on Food stamps as well.

Havent been to aford phone even last 5 years.

If wasnt for my Cat and Dog think my life would already be over on top of my 6 major medical condtions their checking me for sleep apnea now as well as Neorulgy for tremors and twicthing my kidney and live due to all pain meds and Chronic pain have are now haveing issues as well.

Please any advice all , feel very lost in this process dont know what step im at, have heard their many steps but heard they can just decide as well if doctors and evidence from VA is strong enough.

Ive been turned down for VA Pension before and My Case for pension is on Appeal atm.

Why were you denied pension?

Im Disabled Vet I received Medical Honorable Discharge but have been fighting for pension for very long time.

How long were you active duty ?

During what years?

Your Medical Discharge was due to what active duty diagnoised conditions ?

Did you recieve any service connection (SC) at discharge?

I have Chrons Disease,Ulcertive Coltis,Chronic Abdomional Pain,Bio Polar 2,Anxiety Disorder,Depression Disorder,PST and geting checked for sleep apnea as well, as Nurelogy issue with tremors.

Chrons, UC and Abdominal Pain are co-morbid; one produce's the others.

In aboutAnyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

I would not count on this 6 week time frame at all.

He Knows have no income and maybe homeless soon, so he told me dont worry im reviewed you medical info and your 100% Disabled , he said futhermore he was Recommending that I get 100% Service Connected.

There is a HUGE financial difference in VA pension and 100% SC'd compensation.

ALL A DOC CAN DO is report medical findings and rationale.

DOC's CAN NOT assign a disability percentage for VA SC compensation purposes.

I was Stunned to say the Least had heard and been waiting years to get even any percent, always felt 1 day if didnt die 1st or die due to sucide 1st that would get 100% pension.

Again VA pension and VA's percentage of SC'd compensation is very different.

So asked the Doctor at cp pension exam what does that mean will get what % he said since been waiting years and years with nothing and medical documents are so through that I would for sure get 50% at very least to 100% max full service connected with backpay told me, award letter will come to me in 6 weeks.

Here is My issue he told me that for sure slam dunk that at very least would get 50% to start with backpay service connected up to 100% to start but my Pension is on Appeal so does what doctor told me is that true will find out in 6 weeks?

There are NO SLAM DUNKS with VA.

Do not count on backpay.

Do not count on any time period with VA.

With VA - ONLY the claimant has timeframes - NOT the VA.

I run out of rent vouchers in 2 monthes will be homeless if not have , cat and dog, I dont smoke or drink, and no drugs.

Animals can be expensive to feed and take to the vet,and extra security deposits

if you are renting.

Does VA not RX any drugs?

I spoke to my Lawyer he said even Know were appealing he said , all their waiting on his Cp pension exam results to decide on my case, but have heard from others, you need Pension Hearing before they decide , but my lawyer told me pension hearing most time are useless, they can decide without you going to one.

The information you have posted is very confusing - I'm kind of lost as to what

might be granted - VA Pension or VBA SC'd disability.

But VA people told me could be years for appeal Process, like said so is what doctor told me true will find out cp - pension award letter in 6 weeks, and my long suffering will be over and be to move out of this crappy hotel, in very bad neighboorhood?

I highly doubt you will know any answers within 6 weeks - UNLESS you have already applied for hardship. I hope your suffering is over soon.

Even if get 50-100% pension service connected will get few years backpay so be to move to decent area and get car again, and have income to get basic needs, till get my SSD hearing and backpay from that.

Again, Pension and Service Connected Disability are two completely different animals.

Is your lawyer taking care of your SSD Claim ?

How long has it been since you were working a job that paid into SSA ?

Have you paid in enough quarters within the allotted time frame to get SSD ?

If not then you would be getting SSI and VA Disability or Pension can knock us out of SSI.

I know im hard to follow, please help me its all My meds im on.

You did just great in your post for being a new member.

Many of us here are on daily multiple medications.

carlie

Hey this sounds promising as ever. Hang in there, i know it's hard though. I never have heard of a VA examiner stating that that an award is definite but this sounds like you will hear something favorable soon. 6 weeks sounds really soon but i'm praying for ya.

frank

Anyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, In about 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

AlekseiFl,

There is no one here 24/7 to try and answer questions.

Answers come in as people are able to post.

If you do not get an answer in an hour or two.... or three or four, etc...

you don't have to post the question again so soon. You just have to wait until

someone answers. OK. - I know it's hard.

Thanks,

carlie

Im on

27 Prescriptions a day of meds plus some weeks monthes have to ramp up extra steriods meds for the chronic bleeding which those meds create issues as much as help.

In addtion have to take 4-5 antibotics month as well to kill off the chonric infections.

I also take Remicade Infusion 1 month for rest my life, 2 hour IV.

I had Colrectal cancer its been in Remmision for 4 years now, but honestly with Bleeding , Mood swings, lose of memory, Fractured Identityies,PST depression going to bathroom 30-50+ times a day, cant walk or stand more then 1 hour day.anxiety disorder, 8 sucuide attempts and many baker acts.

All Hobbies i used to have take money or involve being in great shape as once was scuba diveing, boating etc, water skining, snow skiing etc havent owned phone or car in 5 years.

My mother who has been helping me pay for tolietires monthly and rent differnce of 400+ month for the dive Hotel live in drug infested neighboorhood, of crack whores, drug dealers, cant even open my curtain cause dont want to see hookers, drug addicts,homeless with substance issues and drug dealers so keep curtain shut from dusk to dawn, its no way to live.

I live here simply for 2 reasons number 1 they take 450$ month rent vouchers im on number 2 dont have 1st and last month+ secuirty deposits to move and electric as well etc.

All my friends have career, families now so im isloated from them and family and friends have none save my mother now.

My mother who is 100% percent of my support emtionally is 75 years old and dieing, she is praying get my SSD and Disabilty pension service connected soon before she dies, cause she doesnt want me to become homeless.

To say money wise and health wise this Burden that have caused my mother is Huge Burden on her and myself of guilt dont wanna be person that cause her to die years sooner then should have and left her broke due to all my medical issues.

I have all types of nightmares would take me, like 10 pages of text to post all medical issues have but keep haveing visions of dieing dont know if will die due to my cancer returning or 10+ years of narcotic pain killers im on for Chrons disease, ilcertive coltis, chronic pain finally kill me from heart to liver to kidney.

For last 2 years have had tremors and twiching that used to be on my right side more but now on both sides, so worry im geting MS or something or parksins as if need anther medical issue so farr all tests have found nothing but Doctors have seen it 1st hand so keep sending me back for tests.

Im shamed of the shell of person have become cant go in public in fear of haveing accident bathroom wise bleeding all over the place.

All My hair from 10+ years of cancer on and off and steriods, pain meds, depression meds, anxiety, pst,biopolar 2 , anti inflamtories have no hair and over weight due to all the meds and out of shape this makes my self estem even lower if that was all possible.

I have Not worked since 2004, yes paid enough into SSD,SSI No I went to my SSD Hearing 3 weeks ago but Judge told me Lawyer my 14 VA medical Doctors arent good enough for him, he wants me to see Civilan Doctor for 2 hour eval before he makes decsion on my SSD and SSI with 5 years backpay.

My Lawyer said since Social secuirty is as slow as VA will probally take atleast 4 monthes before see Doctor for SSD then another 2 monthes or so total of 6 more Monthes at soonest before could get SSD SSI.

Its Appeal is all know for VA Disabilty pension service connected or something like that have no idea.

As for my meds yes they mail them all.