VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cp Exam Done My Appeal Need Help Please!

Rate this question

AlekseiFL

Question

Hey All,

Its Very hard for me to write, due to im on 27 prescitptions a day im very , very medicated so forgive my mistkes please.

Ive been turned down for VA Pension before and My Case for pension is on Appeal atm.

Im Disabled Vet I received Medical Honorable Discharge but have been fighting for pension for very long time.

I am 100% Disabled I have zero income im awaiting SSD/SSI hearing and Miltary Pension have Lawyer.

Im not geting any Navy Pension at all.

I have Chrons Disease,Ulcertive Coltis,Chronic Abdomional Pain,Bio Polar 2,Anxiety Disorder,Depression Disorder,PST and geting checked for sleep apnea as well, as Nurelogy issue with tremors.

I just Had Cp-Pension meeting with the Doctor he was very understanding and also by the way was Retired Navy Captain as well as Doctor.

He told me was supposed to see them In 2007 Cp Pension but had Missed it, I never new about it, was bunch them was sick for.

Anyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, In about 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

He Knows have no income and maybe homeless soon, so he told me dont worry im reviewed you medical info and your 100% Disabled , he said futhermore he was Recommending that I get 100% Service Connected.

I was Stunned to say the Least had heard and been waiting years to get even any percent, always felt 1 day if didnt die 1st or die due to sucide 1st that would get 100% pension.

So asked the Doctor at cp pension exam what does that mean will get what % he said since been waiting years and years with nothing and medical documents are so through that I would for sure get 50% at very least to 100% max full service connected with backpay told me, award letter will come to me in 6 weeks.

Here is My issue he told me that for sure slam dunk that at very least would get 50% to start with backpay service connected up to 100% to start but my Pension is on Appeal so does what doctor told me is that true will find out in 6 weeks?

I run out of rent vouchers in 2 monthes will be homeless if not have , cat and dog, I dont smoke or drink, and no drugs.

I spoke to my Lawyer he said even Know were appealing he said , all their waiting on his Cp pension exam results to decide on my case, but have heard from others, you need Pension Hearing before they decide , but my lawyer told me pension hearing most time are useless, they can decide without you going to one.

But VA people told me could be years for appeal Process, like said so is what doctor told me true will find out cp - pension award letter in 6 weeks, and my long suffering will be over and be to move out of this crappy hotel, in very bad neighboorhood?

Even if get 50-100% pension service connected will get few years backpay so be to move to decent area and get car again, and have income to get basic needs, till get my SSD hearing and backpay from that.

I know im hard to follow, please help me its all My meds im on.

thank you

• Answers 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

carlie,

1 last thing you and all here have been huge emotional help to me, to vent, learn, understand about the entire process.

Im overjoyed for 1st time in years, have won Both.

My Team never should gotten Radation Posion from the Tactical Nuke, with our TLD's on us Light up Like xmas tree, where, when, How, what country does not matter Im proud to have served Im 1 of 3 us left other 5 died due to this.

My condtions Listed arent even whole story , due to all sports Played before Miltary and due to what I did, I have Broken almost even Bone in My Body, Blown Out both Knee's, Been Shot, Have part of IED still in my shoulder to near heart could not get rest of it out.

I spent 3 years going on and off for Cancer Treatment almost died Knock On wood its Been in Remission for 41 monthes Now.

Untill have battled Chemo for 3 years straight it was worse then being shot, IED and all my Injuries.

I had to get Bone Marrow Transplant that saved me or be dead.

http://www.moffittcancercenter.org/ The Amazeing Hospital that Saved me was their for 3 years pretty Much their 1 of best in country

While have all these disabblities looming over them all is fact cancer could come back, Way I look at it, I need to make Most of God saving me all these times, so No Matter if Live 3 years more or 1 or 10 I need to get back to Old me step feeling sorry for myself their other Vets Out their Just as Bad or worse then me.

But while im Overjoyed im also annoyed just how silly whole thing is Comptency thing is.

So again sorry if somehow I offended you, Your Honored Your Country as rest of us have,

I would Not spend all this time typeing On sheer amount of Meds Im on daily, just to waste time, so cant fiquire out why you thought this was some type joke.

Trust me I KNow on all Meds Im on How Bad, really bad my typeing is and how hard to read my rambling is, so again im very sorry.

My total Meds I take day is now , changes some from month to month is now 28 Prescritpion total a day some those meds take 2-4 times day at 2-4 pills each, also get Remicade Infusion IV for rest my life as well.

So again Im so sorry Carlie for causeing any stress.

Once every 2 years we the 3 survivors go see families of rest of our team that died, we realize that in us being blessed in aloud to surive and live, also meet they had to die, their is Moment that goes By that dont wish it was Me that died instead of 1 them , Like me they all Had Children, wifes , 2 had GF's we had done Hundreds of Opps Together, we all Knew Risk when we signed up, But does Not Mean that im still Haunted by what Happend.

Like me the other 2 that lived, are haunted by it, in addition to all medical issues they both had cancer as well, I spoke to them week ago, and we all agreed we go see the families this xmas again, we also all agreed as we once did we would push each other to live our lives as we once did, stop feeling , Pity and PSTD and blame ourselves for not dieing instead of them.

They Told Me I should go to Oregon, My 2 daughters Live in Alameda,CA so would be close to them.

Only way will go is if My mother agrees to go with, However she is Not well, would wanna be to spend time with her, have her see my girls.

My Mother Like all great mothers, always jokes when you say you worried about her and health issues, she says to me, kinda kidding so I dont worry about her that she might outlive me with all My medical issues.

are farr as me working again Carlie, Its More Dream Like all Vets with tons of medical issues, I dont think No matter how much you accept all your medical issues, come to terms, accept etc.

I think its Human Nature to wanna dream 1 day you can return to have Career even if its in differnt field then what you had intended before you got disabbled.

Have said that Their are so many Loops with me to actualy work again its not even funny, You would have to find prefect Career that accepts all your medical condtions, Dont think their is such Job that would torelate all doctor appointments, side effects, Mood, swing, depression, chonric pain, PSTD, on on.

When said Nothing Scares me that Im fearless, 1 thing does Geting Cancer back, Not being to see my Girls get married finish college etc.

I know one day when its meet to be and my time is up will, see My Brothers, who died once again had spent almost 75% of my Naval Career with as Special Forces Operators.