VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cp Exam Done My Appeal Need Help Please!

Rate this question

AlekseiFL

Question

Hey All,

Its Very hard for me to write, due to im on 27 prescitptions a day im very , very medicated so forgive my mistkes please.

Ive been turned down for VA Pension before and My Case for pension is on Appeal atm.

Im Disabled Vet I received Medical Honorable Discharge but have been fighting for pension for very long time.

I am 100% Disabled I have zero income im awaiting SSD/SSI hearing and Miltary Pension have Lawyer.

Im not geting any Navy Pension at all.

I have Chrons Disease,Ulcertive Coltis,Chronic Abdomional Pain,Bio Polar 2,Anxiety Disorder,Depression Disorder,PST and geting checked for sleep apnea as well, as Nurelogy issue with tremors.

I just Had Cp-Pension meeting with the Doctor he was very understanding and also by the way was Retired Navy Captain as well as Doctor.

He told me was supposed to see them In 2007 Cp Pension but had Missed it, I never new about it, was bunch them was sick for.

Anyway Retired Navy Captain at my Cp-Pension exam was very nice, understanding at end he Told me here is what happens, In about 6 weeks will get Award Letter from VA.

He Knows have no income and maybe homeless soon, so he told me dont worry im reviewed you medical info and your 100% Disabled , he said futhermore he was Recommending that I get 100% Service Connected.

I was Stunned to say the Least had heard and been waiting years to get even any percent, always felt 1 day if didnt die 1st or die due to sucide 1st that would get 100% pension.

So asked the Doctor at cp pension exam what does that mean will get what % he said since been waiting years and years with nothing and medical documents are so through that I would for sure get 50% at very least to 100% max full service connected with backpay told me, award letter will come to me in 6 weeks.

Here is My issue he told me that for sure slam dunk that at very least would get 50% to start with backpay service connected up to 100% to start but my Pension is on Appeal so does what doctor told me is that true will find out in 6 weeks?

I run out of rent vouchers in 2 monthes will be homeless if not have , cat and dog, I dont smoke or drink, and no drugs.

I spoke to my Lawyer he said even Know were appealing he said , all their waiting on his Cp pension exam results to decide on my case, but have heard from others, you need Pension Hearing before they decide , but my lawyer told me pension hearing most time are useless, they can decide without you going to one.

But VA people told me could be years for appeal Process, like said so is what doctor told me true will find out cp - pension award letter in 6 weeks, and my long suffering will be over and be to move out of this crappy hotel, in very bad neighboorhood?

Even if get 50-100% pension service connected will get few years backpay so be to move to decent area and get car again, and have income to get basic needs, till get my SSD hearing and backpay from that.

I know im hard to follow, please help me its all My meds im on.

thank you

• Answers 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Maybe it would help to give you a little guidance:

What conditions are you claiming that was cause by or aggervated by military service.

When did you serve in the military? (pension)

Why and what did you receive your prior denial for?

What is your appeal for?

Without this information we can only take stab in the dark when trying to answer your question. Compensation and Pension are not interchangeable. You have not made it clear what your claim is far. Help me help you <_<

My Lawyer is out of town till Tuesday.

I hope to have more answers for you, and info so you all could help me but im clueless to tell truth on entire process and have no idea what type of appeal or if its pension or comp or both.

Got Copy of my Cp- Mental Exam today no idea what any of it means but when read all 15 pages of it, sounded just like told you all that Retired Navy captain Doctor was on my side.

His conclusion at end says he feel strongley that 100/100 that my conditions were caused by my service goes into great detail and they all have worsened since left with the medical discharge.

My GAF Score is 15 what does that mean? Will Gaf that low help me as well?

The C & P sounds very positive for a direct SC claim.

We need to know- as Sharon asked- what conditions you are claiming as due to your service and do you have an inservice nexus (a medical link documented in your SMRs or -if PTSD- a stressor you can prove) ?

What was the medical discharge for?

Got Copy of my Cp- Mental Exam today no idea what any of it means but when read all 15 pages of it, sounded just like told you all that Retired Navy captain Doctor was on my side.

I'm sure there is much more information than you have told us if it is 15 pages long.

His conclusion at end says he feel strongley that 100/100 that my conditions were caused by my service goes into great detail and they all have worsened since left with the medical discharge.

It is probably stated differently on your paper's than,

"His conclusion at end says he feel strongley that 100/100 that my conditions were caused by my service goes into great detail and they all have worsened since left with the medical discharge.

This is not language of doctor's.

My GAF Score is 15 what does that mean? Will Gaf that low help me as well?

If one has a true GAF Score of 15 - one would not be able to post something on

a computer. They would be like a chunk of garlic sitting around.

Gaf scores can change from day to day - even hour by hour.

jmho,

carlie

My Gaf has changed from day to day the highest it been last 3 years is 40 GAF.

Some days when it very low im barley able to socialize or do anything im such emotional wreck.