VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Urinary Constrant Due To Stress

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

I receive great information on the rating for continue urinary problems

Since I have awaken my PTSD problem, and have been totally got involved in reading, stressors, forums and mental health care, my urinary problems has got to the acute, uncontrollable status.

I read a little about stress in the Va description, is PTSD the reason my problems has got so bad

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you take any opiods for pain that will turn your stream to a drizzle. I think that the complications of severe PTSD are legion. There has not been enough research on this topic. Who really knows what a heightened state of arousal over a long period can do to a body? Humans are not designed to be on full alert 24/7. I think from what I have read the whole body and mind starts to break down like a machine that is running full blast all the time. You know it is going to break.

You have a good point, since I began my PTSD claim my whole mental and pyhsical life has taken on the role as if I was 18-20 year old again. I have always stay awake for 20-21 hours a day, and when I do rest I wake every 15-20 minutes.

Now that has awaken the past, urination is at 20-30 times a day. I have worn protection for sometime

I don't know!!!! What does your doctor say. In order for you to claim incontinence as secondary to PTSD you need to have a doctor give you a nexus between the two. Have you had your prostate checked? Frequently going is one of the signs of Enlarged Prostate and Diabetes. You have to have a diagnosis.

Larry and Sharon, you both have help me before on this issue. I am 60 years old and have a large protrate. I have had all the test, no cancer, and bladder infection was clear up.

Now to the issue: My urinary problem started in RVN, nomedical records, but when I am in a stress situation, my bladder, will release, I always try to sit near a bathroom, or in my many years of employment, I will just get up and do my business.

My issue, is since I started reliving RVN, I have constant bladder pressure, using many diapers a day.

I can't do my job in this condition. When I had prostrate problems, it was lack of being able to go, this is the opposite. I not sure what to do, and I feel the nervousness,stress and the pressure of this

PTSD is causing it. I know most of you will disagree, but there got to be a connection

Now you have to get a doctor to make the connection B) As a layperson you can not make a medical diagnosis.