VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help To Locate A Ao Researcher For Ft Lewis, Wa

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

I think with my case I need to find a universities or library that has a knowledgeable staff that could research AO usage at FT Lewis. Or any AO experts in that area?

My exposure was at FT Lewis need more details than I have at this time.

Thanks for any replies

Ken1

Edited by Ken1

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The DOD has not confirmed spraying or usage of AO at that site- however-

you could access the DOD report on line at http://www1.va/gov/agentorange/docs/Report..._of_Vietnam.pdf.

You might have been in one of the other areas mentioned in the report such as Fort Drum (testing)1959 or Fort Richie MD Testing 1963 etc.

Even if you were at any of the locales mentioned in this report -you must still support the claim with direct evidence of exposure to the AO. This could involve perimeter/guard duty of the AO was sprayed on the perimeter or handling of the AO barrels. These claims also might need strong buddy statements in support of the usage of the AO.

We have member here who I know well and who proved he was exposed to AO while during perimeter duty in Thailand.

I know of a vet awarded AO for duties in Alaska and there are other vets who have succeeded in this type of claim.

It took them all a lot of work and research.

You could access your unit on line-most units have web sites- to see if anyone else has filed a claim due to AO at Ft Lewis when you were there.

The Thailand vet actually got some of the info he needed from FOIAs to DOD.His MOS put him on the perimeters and DOD confirmed the perimeters of his base had been sprayed during certain dates.

The info on the internet regarding AO is far more extensive then any libraries have.

I dont know if there are AO researchers out there-

does your MOS suggest you would have been in areas they tested or sprayed? Or did your MOS involve transport and storage of the AO barrels?

I assume you have disability on the AO list- have you searched your SMRS to see if you can file for direct SC as well as presumptive to AO?

This might be a better link to that report :

http://www.vawatchdog.org/agentorange.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

[My exposure was at FT Lewis need more details than I have at this time.]

Ken,

how were you exposed? Did you spray this stuff?

I have another vet that was stationed there needing AO information.

I was exposed when I and other buddy was assigned to clean up a couple trucks that were coved in AO. Actually I did not know it was AO, the buddy who was a Nam vet recognized the orange tinted film/slime covering the trucks. These trucks and a tanker trailer were used to spray some of our live fire ranges used by the new start up of the 6 ARMY Training Center,

Allen

If needed send me a PM and I will reply with address and phone. Your buddy could help my cause.

I have searched for many years for buddy that was on the clean up detail but cannot locate, we lost contact about 1982 and were station at FT Lewis 1966-67 both of use ETS in 1967

Ken1

Allen

Please double check your veteran basic training year.

I was part of the original start up of the 6th ARMY AIT Training center and I did not arrive at FT Lewis until June 1966

Ken1