VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buddy Statements For Service Connection

Rate this question

blackbird

Question

Hello Fellow Vets,

In trying to prove an in service injury, I've recieved the following letter from my NCOIC at my National Guard base. Please post if you think it will help.

To whom it may concern:

Reference Veteran SSGT XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Veteran XXXXXXX was assigned to the Power Production section of the XXXX Communications Squadron, in XXXXXX XXXXXXX

in November 1987 till his discharge in 1997.

While SSGT XXXXXXXXXXXXXX was deployed to Egypt in October to November 1995, he had some generator problems and couldn't find the tech manuals he needed to effect repairs on a maulfuntioning piece of equipment. He called back to home station to ask if I was sure the tech manuals were packed and where to find them. I told him to look in the boxes of parts on the trailer that accompanied the generator packages to the site. He called back later saying that he had looked through most of the boxes and in doing so he pulled on one that made his back hurt so he quit looking. He told me he still had not found the tech manuals, however he had fixed the problem by replacing a fuel injector pump.

I was aware of him experiencing some back pain on drill weekends after he returned stateside, but I didn't realize it was serious until he had surgery a couple months after he returned from deployment. He missed several drill weekends as a result of the surgery.

I hereby certfy that the information I have given is true to the best of my knowledge and belief.

SMSGT XXXXX XXXXXXXXX

Power Production Supt.

XXXX Combat Communications Squadron

XXXXX, XXXXXX XXXXXXX

(Letter was then notarized)

Thanks for your comments,

Blackbird

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It helped me and was mentioned in my decision. Awhile latter my buddy filed for the same condition (diebetes) and i gave him a buddy statement and it worked for him and I think it will be a lot of help to your claim as it appears you have a good statement. Good luck.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use