VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosis Section Of C&p

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Like life it can be either. A1C is a test that is objective. GAF is an opinion or evaluation made by a qualified person hopefully.

What difference does this make anyway? You are subject to policies and rules and regulations of the VA.

I guess it make a little difference to me since I asked the question. VA seems to want to go by objective instead of subjective evidence so I guess that's why I asked.

thanks for your input,

frank

Like life it can be either. A1C is a test that is objective. GAF is an opinion or evaluation made by a qualified person hopefully.

What difference does this make anyway? You are subject to policies and rules and regulations of the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that even with physical exams there is some subjective parts to a rating. I had a C&P for DMII. The doctor looked at my legs and commented on them. That part was subjective since he believed by some minor testing that I had PN from the looks of my legs and feet and the tests he did. So it was a combination of subjective and objective. When they prick your feet that are asking for subjective answer from you...."Did you feel that?", but DMII is an objective disorder. Even TBI is both objective and subjective. PTSD is all subjective judgement.

Not sure if this is helpfull. I was surprised at my last C&P exam when the doctor commented that she had read all my recent exams, and that she would only need to do one test to complete the C&P. I had read the exam instructions, and was ready for a long morning.

I was kind of shocked. Why didn't the RO just read the same documentation? Oh well, it all worked out.

The exam on lasted 30 minutes, instead of 2 hours. Results were good, raing was even better.