VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraines? 0%

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

Im going to appeal the 0% migraines they gave my husband saying he was not Posrtating. We have told every Dr he has seen that he has to lay in the bed in a dark room?? Only one has said anything about it in his report.. this is what he wrote"Pt tends to turn off all the lights, reduce any noicse, lay down in bed and tries to go to sleep when he is experienceing a migraine. He also experience nausea during his migranes. He went to see the Neuro and all she said was he can't stand bright lights or noise, when i was there for the apt. and he said he had to lay down. Will one Psycologist saying he has 3-4 mig. a week and when he has them he has to lay down be enough proof? thank

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I don't know if he has a code, they just said Migraine headaches ( claimed as headaches due to closed head injury) they said he does not have a TBI.Where do i find his DC?

vista,

If it says closed head injury - as of Oct 2008 a new criteria was established.

It is DC 8045, here's a link.

Hope this helps a vet.

carlie

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....67&idno=38

I called them and his DC is 8100, they said even though the hit in the head caused the Migraines his testings are abnormal for one who has a TBI, Like he can't remember where he left things but he remembers how to do math problems,He can't remember to take a shower but he can remember teachers names when he was in high school. He has Cognitive problems as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vistagirl:

Do you have all the copies of your husbands Medical Notes often called progress notes they will use a number for the code for migraine. Its probably something among all the verbiage that you over looked

You can request all the progress notes at the VA Information office that it seems most of the VA's hide them from the public. I suggest that next time you go to see a Doc that after you see him ask where you can get copies of medical records. Usually in Dallas they do them on the spot.

Good Luck

I would agree with who-ever at VBA said he was listed and rated under 8100 for Migraines

as 8100 is the correct DC for simply Migraines.

BUT

Migraines that are shown by medical evidence to be the residual of a closed head injury

NO LONGER, (as of Oct 2008) -- are to be rated as 8100 --

request to be re- evaluated and your claim re-rated under post ) Oct 2008 DC 8045.

How do you know that more of his problems are not related to his closed head injury (PCS).

jmho,

carlie

I have every copy if his medical notes I get them printed out every 3 mo. so we can have a copy.He was Diagnosed with Migraines a day before the C&P exam.. The original claim was headaches due to closed head injury,he got SC for migraine headaches.

" A noncompensatable evaluation is assigned from December 12,2008,the date following discharge. A noncompensatable evaluation is assigned unless there was evidence of characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in two months over the last several months.

In the C&P exam the Dr. stated that my husband had to go to a dark room and lay down, also when he went to see his Psycologist he stated that he needed to lay down and he got headaches 3-4 times a week ... Many of the reports said he got headaches and had to rest for a while.I do not know how i can get more evidence to say that he has to lay down ect??

They said it was not a TBI because he stayed in the military 6 years after the incident,When they took the tests it was not consistant with someone who had a TBI.

Edited by vistagirl81