VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Advice

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i am currently rated 90% 50% depression 3o% lt hand 30% rt hand 20 % lt foot 20% rt foot 10% broken clavicle 10% tinnitus i entered the voc re-hab program and am having no luck at all in it. i have not had any income since march to speak of. i am becoming more and more mentaly house bound, as i am becoming too depressed to leave. i think i am on too many meds to be that reliable anyway. is tdiu an option at this point thanks and please pray for our troops

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes apply for TDIU and Social Security as soon as you can. I am sure someone will link the forms for you.

Good Luck

yep, very possible...Should apply now since you meet the percentages. Should have gotten an inferred claim for IU.

frank

i am currently rated 90% 50% depression 3o% lt hand 30% rt hand 20 % lt foot 20% rt foot 10% broken clavicle 10% tinnitus i entered the voc re-hab program and am having no luck at all in it. i have not had any income since march to speak of. i am becoming more and more mentaly house bound, as i am becoming too depressed to leave. i think i am on too many meds to be that reliable anyway. is tdiu an option at this point thanks and please pray for our troops

erico541. the form you need is 21-4192 and this is available on the computer. In item 13a say you can't work due to your service connected disabilities. You may want to get someone to help fill this out for you but be sure it says in item 13a service connected disibilities is the reason you can't work. I wish you the best of luck and you wish me the same as I filed my claim 4 weeks ago. Now we wait.

Sorry trailblazer,

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-4192-ARE.pdf

This is not the correct form for filing a claim for TDIU the form number is VA 21-8940

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf

I am not sure where you got this form but if you read it, it states that it is for VA and the employer to fill out, so I am guessing it is for when a person is working or recently fired or quit because of service connected disabilities and not for the veteran to fill out. a veteran can take it to his employer or old employer to fill out and then send it to VA but the veteran will still have to fill out and file the VA 21-8940. VA may even send a copy to an employer or prior employer if a veteran files for IU but VA 21-4192 is not for the veteran to fill out themselves.

Edited by pacmanx1