VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inidividual Unemployability Iu Help

Rate this question

jack81mm

Question

Bear wid me plz,

Im at crossroads on wether to file for IU or other claims like Migraines and Vertigo that I feel are present because of diagonesed TBI.

Im also 70% PTSD n total 80%. DO not work. Cant work because of these conditions. VA pscyh DRS have written letters stating that I cant work and clinically why I cant work.

Ive been advise by VA n legion rep to submit claim for IU and have the proof from the VA DR wid the letter. I havin trouble in my mind on pursin anything that says that I cant work like IU. I have no intentions of obtainin work at this point as I know I cant do it cause of said conditions. Hopefully it will git better in the future. I figured that pursuing claims wqid other conditions I have might git me to 100%. I hat to be labeled wid anythin that say unemployable.

I also havent filed for SSDI as Im havin the same problems within my mind wid pursing it.

Migraines @50% and Vertigo @30% along wid 80% total will not git me to 100% so maybe filin for IU might be the best bet.

any opinions...

THX to alll thatst serve

JACK

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am getting tired of seeing people on this Board who have only been here days or months giving advise that is bad advice and has not risk to the giver but extreme risk to anyone who takes it. From now on I intend to point out or call out bad advice.

Wholesale you have been here about 2 months and no one knows you or has experienced with your advice. I have asked you to pipe down on comments that did not concern your own claim and hopefully just stick to supporting people here.

It appears that you do not get it but I hope that members here think carefully before taking an action on advice given by anyone on Hadit who does not at least have some expertise or has something to back them up besides their own opinion

Winning a SSD claim often helped Veterans secure their 100% with VA.

Airborne:

This only applies to your comment but I has SSD and was given Voc Rehab by VA.I have no problem with your posts in general Just want to set the record straight.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am going to look at the lighter side of things,

Now, I am asking you, if I yawn at this thread and I mean really loud Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwnnnnn. I hope I won't be arrested. Flogging is okay....But in the meantime, I think I will partake in some frozen yogurt, before the badge, knocks on the door.

t&b

What i'm saying is there is NOTHING wrong with him getting ssd if he can't work. What is the big deal with that?

Is this BAD advice? As far as 9-month trial work period i been through it so I know first hand it don't bring up RED FLAGS. In case you don't know what a 9-month trial work period is it is a regulation set up FOR THE BENEFIT OF SSD claimants if they want to return to work and to see if they can sustain work. What is so bad about this?

Don't understand all the gripe. If I give bad advice then quote the bad advice and if i'm in the wrong I have no problem admitting my mistake.

frank

I am very familiar with the trial work period, so is my sister-in-law Judy,

as she has been employed at SSA almost long enough to retire.

This is one of their favorite red flags - just let your taxes start being

taken out of your paycheck on a regular basis, after awhile start looking

over your shoulder and smile for the camera.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by WHOLESALE

What i'm saying is there is NOTHING wrong with him getting ssd if he can't work. What is the big deal with that?

HUH?

wholesale,

Of course he should get SSA benefits if he can't work, I don't think anyone would have any argument with that at all.

The "big deal" is your blanket statement's,

1) "aNDHE CAN WORK EVEN IF GETTING ssd. sPECIFICLLY, HE CAN WORK 9 MONTHS MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CAN WITHOUT OFFSET."

2) "It's not a risk, it's a regulation. It's called 9-month trial work period."

This is specifically stating that the disabled can go work for 9 months, get paid

$10,000 or more a month and not be taking a big damned risk.

If you would like to do so - I wish you the best of luck

BUT............

I do not want our member's led astray thinking this will not cause

them any grief down the road because it damned well will.

The 9 month's is a trial work program as you stated.

SSA implements an unwritten policy that if the 100% fully disabled person

becomes able enough to work for 9 continuous months -

if they have not incurred any additional disability, there WILL be a full audit

for re-evaluation purposes.

The program is in place to get us off their friggin payroll.

carlie

I get VocRehab RIGHT NOW and I get SSD. Where did you get this info? Ok, I do agree Mental disorders aren't slam dunk and some are like loss of limbs etc but Vets do get IU all the time with mood disorder.

frank

He is not going to get vocrehab with ssdi... that is why i said it closes some options..

and yeah there are slam dunks with TDIU, just not with mental disorders. you can go check the stats for yourself.. like I said my paranoid ranints.. Read the cfr for IU, it clearly states the slam dunks.

and yeah there are slam dunks with TDIU, just not with mental disorders. you can go check the stats for yourself.. like I said my paranoid ranints.. Read the cfr for IU, it clearly states the slam dunks.

I suggest that anyone filing for IU, with or without mental health disabilities,

please do not expect that your claim will be a "slam dunk", as in easily granted.

For even if your sick as a dog, if IU is granted right from the get-go as in "slam dunk"

consider yourself as having some luck on your side.

jmho,

carlie