VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inidividual Unemployability Iu Help

Rate this question

jack81mm

Question

Bear wid me plz,

Im at crossroads on wether to file for IU or other claims like Migraines and Vertigo that I feel are present because of diagonesed TBI.

Im also 70% PTSD n total 80%. DO not work. Cant work because of these conditions. VA pscyh DRS have written letters stating that I cant work and clinically why I cant work.

Ive been advise by VA n legion rep to submit claim for IU and have the proof from the VA DR wid the letter. I havin trouble in my mind on pursin anything that says that I cant work like IU. I have no intentions of obtainin work at this point as I know I cant do it cause of said conditions. Hopefully it will git better in the future. I figured that pursuing claims wqid other conditions I have might git me to 100%. I hat to be labeled wid anythin that say unemployable.

I also havent filed for SSDI as Im havin the same problems within my mind wid pursing it.

Migraines @50% and Vertigo @30% along wid 80% total will not git me to 100% so maybe filin for IU might be the best bet.

any opinions...

THX to alll thatst serve

JACK

• Answers 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello,

I have been turned down by VOC REHAB and their DR stated on paper I cant work cause of PTSD n cant be offered services cause of PTSD.

One thing he has done was diagnose me wid everything from schizo to personality D along wid PTSD. And he did that in 30 min. LOL. This has been mentioned in my PTSD award letter. SO VA Raters r givin alot of weight wid dis quack cause they mentioned it instead of ignorin ALL of these diagnosis that were done instead of my reg. VA DRS I see reg. for last 4 yrs.

rmiller2094...First IU is for VA purposes. Go here and read all of it. It has alot of links.

YOU should also go to pebforum..its the best for military peb/meb questions..I say thats for any questions for CURRENT active duty and guard/reserve that are having medical issues that are preventin them from doin their job

DO ur homework.

tagandbag n Carlie....Went to Iraq title 10...but now guard..u can be s/c by va and still work in the guard. I just cant do it anymore.

I havent put in claim for TBi, Vertigo or migraines but I have no doubt it will be s/c. Too much evidence that meets the criteria. But between those each of the ratings might not be enough to push my 80% to 100%.

So maybe IU is the way. Im really leanin that way

THX to all

JACK

Welcome to Hadit.

I'd check with BDD - MEB/PEB.

Please start a new thread with your questions.

Thanks,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Jack

You really need a medical opinion that the reason you can't work is solely due to service connected PTSD. The VA can dx you with a PD, but if you have a medical report to state your IU is due to PTSD it won't matter about the PD.

john999,

fair enough n I agree wid cancelin out the PD.....thx....see thats the thing..one word here or there...whats wrong or right...my letter from VA DR doesnt state solely BUT it is clear in his words I shouldnt work. Now this letter was used for military purposes initially and given to my CO and included diagnosis, prognosis and clinical evidence. The intention was VA DR suggested that I definitely dont need to participate in drills or go on units next deployment. Actually Ill read a a bit from it. "In my clinical opinion and corroborated by clinical documentation within the VA, based on his symptom severity and the degree of functional impairment.....is currently unable to work, and medical leave from drills is strong recommended. This is bout 1/4 of the letter. He also wrote another similar letter of more detail recommending I not deploy agin.

But Ive had several so called experts like DSO, regional legion rep say that "currently unable to work" might not suffice n using word like TOTALLY n PERMANENT are couple of the best words that can be used. Whatcha think????

SO which is one is correct? And what if a word is synonomous wid these 3??? Would that be right???

THX agin

JACK

Jack

You really need a medical opinion that the reason you can't work is solely due to service connected PTSD. The VA can dx you with a PD, but if you have a medical report to state your IU is due to PTSD it won't matter about the PD.