VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sometimes The Va Distorts Information

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a degree is psychology than the VA has to admit any evidence that you provide on your condition?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
A good VSO is discovered and usually burns out in a few years.

Or gets jaded. There is an elitist attitude among some established U.S.Congressional chartered veterans organizations' "National Service Officer" enclaves. Some of them begin to actually think they are lawyers.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• HadIt.com Elder
...When you go for a C&P exam you have to act dumb, and try and look pitiful.

You are right, John. Therein lies my problem. My last C&P exam, I dressed in my best suit, with a starched white shirt. I spoke in complete sentences and questioned the stupid remarks she made. She had an attitude, and it showed, I'm still thinking about reporting her to the AMA and any other professional associations she may belong to, outside the VA.. Maybe that's why the rater ignored all the other evidence, and denied my claim based on her exam. LOL ...I'll clean his clock on appeal.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

• HadIt.com Elder

I learned from my first C&P when I wore my Xmas gift a leather coat with clean clothes and polished shoes.

Now if its a C&P I go clean but usually not shaved for a couple of days.

Or gets jaded. There is an elitist attitude among some established U.S.Congressional chartered veterans organizations' "National Service Officer" enclaves. Some of them begin to actually think they are lawyers.

CMDR. Bob you nailed it. So many I have spoken with just honestly didn't feel they owed you the time of day. If they spent five minutes on the phone with you was a vast condenscending service to you, which you did not desrerve.

Pete: You have a presumption of soundness if you are accepted into service without a disability being noted, and VA has the burden to show the opposite by clear and unmistakable evidence.

The VA didn't hesitate to demonstrate clear and unmistakable evidence they deined my chronic anxiety without regard to their or any mental health worker. They stated I could not prove it was service related. I'm not going into the details but did you go on sick call for emotional instability. I personally signed on and wanted to complete the six years I owed my Government. Stupid. But they require proof it was SC and injury marks don't count, at least in my case. I decided to let that drop and focus on the lumbar injury to simplify things and I do have records for that. They don't want to recognize them but what's new?

Your moto saying is the most obvious thing in the world. Are they going to accept emotionally unstable kids? Of course not so why is it not incumbent upon the VA to prove your psychological problems come from elsewhere and then exactly where.

Whatever, business as usual.

• HadIt.com Elder

Right, Pete, I am my own expert witness. Well, not really since I just got a BA in psychology, but I was in group therapy for about 25 years. That is where I got my life back together from living on the street.