VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1st C & P Exam Coming Up In Two Weeks!

Rate this question

Boro

Question

Re: Prostate Cancer summary

In July 2000, PSA was 26. Biopsies showed Gleason of 7 4+3.

Radical prostatectomy 8/31/2000

August 2003, PSA had risen to lever to warrant Radiation treatments.

Sept 2003 thru Oct 2003 - 37 treatments over 51 days.

I did not know about AO presumptive conditions concerning Prostate cancer until I met someone on the golf course two months ago.

I sent my claim in on July 10, 2009.

Shortly after sending the claim in I met with Service Rep. and submitted a statement in support of my claim to cover some other bases and residual issues I have been left with.

I am already scheduled for my C & P exam down in Tucson on Sept 2.

At the same time I received a packet in the mail asking for evidence for a lot of things I already gave them. Is this pretty normal procedure for them?

Alot of the areas I requested compensation for I, as I'm sure alot of others, just don't discuss with their doctors. Such as: incontinence, ED, and other digestive and bowel issues that were a direct result of the radiation treatments. I have just learned over time what not to eat and when or when not to travel, and what fiber supplements help.

I intend on going to see my Service Rep again immediately this week concerning some of these issues.

But, I was wondering if someone on this forum can tell me what to expect at this C & P exam, and what kind of paperwork, if any should I bring with me.

On the subject of ICD (Ischemic Heart Disease), I have been being treated for High cholesterol since the early 90's. I had angioplasty and a Stent placed in one artery in 1996. I do not know if this is also something I should be requesting compensation for, as well as hypertension.

I'll appreciate any info anyone has from their experience.

thanks

Boro

US Army

Combat Engineer

Vietnam Service 1970-1971

Phu Bai, Camp Eagle, Quang Tri, Hue

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question