VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need Help Please..

Rate this question

mako25

Question

I was granted tdiu by bva on june 2nd 09...I am waiting for my retro money and awards letter I figured soon..Well I get a 21-8940 form today in the mail>>.This form requests work history, doctors names ........What is going on ? Is this going to start my claim all over again..I dont know what to do I have no money left and can not wait another 4mo..Help please..

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

When the BVA, CVA or AMC rule they often send it back to the VARO to finish up. Why not just call or send IRIS to clear it up.

IRIS ?? I hopr that isnt the 800# I called twice today and they knew nothing about it..They said just fill it out and return it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I PM'd you, but, in case you didn't see it in your e-mail in-box.......they have made the TDIU determination....and you've "won"...but, the money's not coming until the form is filled out and in their hands. They have this so-called "rule" that they MUST have this form filled out BEFORE you can get TDIU, so, even though you have been awarded/granted TDIU, you still gotta get the form filled out and in their hot little hands.

Remember: The Job's Not Finished Until The Paperwork Is Done.

I am glad all of you chipped in here-you are all correct-

the 21- 8940 form must be filed before they will make the formal RO award and then pay the retro-

I started thinking maybe the BVA had just granted the TDIU appeal---

this is much better- they granted TDIU!

I had a miserable claim off the board where the BVA had granted the appeal to go forward-

and that was stated as the extent of their decision and the claim was remanded.

The RO had questioned her appellate rights -maybe the date of the NOD-and denied the claim.The BVA granted only the right to continue the appeal.

The widow insisted this was an award of DIC.

and even threatened the director of the RO.

This is good news Mako and a good reason why we need to get the TDIU form in ASAP and not even wait for them to send it. It is at the VA web site under Forms.

I know even vet reps will not bring up TDIU when they should-and they probably dont like to give out the TDIU forms themselves.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mako

When you hand in the TDIU form get a date stamped copy from the VARO! You don't want the morons losing it and saying they never got it. This way you have proof.