VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Submitted It All....i Think.

Rate this question

clw4514

Question

well, at least i got to see the veterans assistance office without a wait. dude tried to hose me. sd i didnt have a claim. when i pointed out to him i certainly did have more than half a chance since it was clearly documented in smr's, he changed his tone. but still tried to discourage me. tried to hand my file back to me and sd go to the american legion. conversation went like this:

me - "u know, they have folks at VARO much better paid and educated to make decisions on whether or not i have a claim. that is a decision way over ur paygrade, chief. so, why dont u stay within ur paygrade, point me in the direction i need to go and let me finish up since i have less than 2 wks to get ppwk in. i believe it is ur job to ASSIST me in filing this ppwk and that would be the reason i was sent here."

him - "yes ma'am. i can take care of that for u."

i finished the meeting with him by asking if i could follow up with IRIS on my status. he had no clue what it was....oh well, at least i have u guys! and im so grateful for that, too. miffed me that he tried to schluff his duties. fu)#er!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

That should have been your clue not to f*ck with him. I would contact the American Legion. You have enough to deal with without fighting with an inept service officer. Let him cut his teeth on someone else.

Edited by sharon

• HadIt.com Elder

If you left your copy w/him, to file, I wouldn't count on him doing it and I would send a copy, certified, return receipt requested, to the RO, to cover yourself. jmo

pr

well, at least i got to see the veterans assistance office without a wait. dude tried to hose me. sd i didnt have a claim. when i pointed out to him i certainly did have more than half a chance since it was clearly documented in smr's, he changed his tone. but still tried to discourage me. tried to hand my file back to me and sd go to the american legion. conversation went like this:

me - "u know, they have folks at VARO much better paid and educated to make decisions on whether or not i have a claim. that is a decision way over ur paygrade, chief. so, why dont u stay within ur paygrade, point me in the direction i need to go and let me finish up since i have less than 2 wks to get ppwk in. i believe it is ur job to ASSIST me in filing this ppwk and that would be the reason i was sent here."

him - "yes ma'am. i can take care of that for u."

i finished the meeting with him by asking if i could follow up with IRIS on my status. he had no clue what it was....oh well, at least i have u guys! and im so grateful for that, too. miffed me that he tried to schluff his duties. fu)#er!

Atta Girl

Never let an idiot change your path.

lol - u guys have taught me well :rolleyes:

oh and phillip - he gave me copies of the stuff he is supposed to be sending in. i will be making copies to send out certified return rcpt.

thanks guys!!