VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Are My Chances For Tdiu Or Ssdi

Rate this question

mrjenks

Question

I am about to get medically retired from the Air Force after 23 years of service for Type II diabetes. Even though that is what they are retiring me for, I have other issues that I will be claiming for service connected disabilities through the VA.

Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Type II diabetes

Bilateral Pes Planus

Hypertension

Recurrent Hemmorrhoids

Lumbago

Allergic Conjunctivitis

Herniated Disks L5-S1

Erectile dysfunction (secondary to hyertension)

Most of the other issues bother me, but not as much as the Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Type II diabetes. I fall asleep at my desk daily. I am in a management position and the people who works for me look after me when this happens. They do tease me about it which is all in good fun. I hate to say it, but I have to fight to keep myself awake when I am driving home from work. It's pretty bad. On days I don't work it is not a problem with driving, but if I have to sit in front of a computer, I am done I will fall asleep eventually. Not for long but long enough for people to notice. Even with my CPAP, it is not the cure all I thought it would be. My job is an office administrator for the past 23 years so sitting at a desk is what I do. With my Type II diabetes, I take insulin and medicine called Metformin. The insulin I can handle, the metformin makes me sick as a dog, but it keeps my blood sugar at the necessary level. It is a necessary evil I guess. With the Sleep Apnea and the sickness from my meds, I am at least 40-50% working compacity. And that is everyday. I haven't felt well for a long time. Being in the military I am kind of supported in a way. When I retire, and get a job in the civilian world, I want have that support in the work place. I know once I fall asleep at my desk the first or second time, I am sure I would be fired. Who would hire someone and pay someone who falls asleep at his desk.

My question what are my chances of asking for TDIU or SSDI...????? I am not the type of guy that just not want to work, but I can't work at full compacity the way I feel daily. It really sucks when you get up in the morning and you feel like you haven't slept a wink, the body gets worn down and that is how I feel.

Any info or advice.....?????

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question