VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mike Harris, Hadit Member

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2009/....txt?redirect=y

Mike was one of the first hadit members to welcome me here-and I cant remember when that was-

he has done considerable advocacy for vets, with Pointman and also for any local vets who need his help with claims-

This is wonderful. As the article says-his heroic act happened 40 years ago.

Mike's wife Connie presented him the medal at the ceremony.

BSM wV Bronze Star Medal with V. (Valor)

When these awards come decades after the fact-and in Mike's case it was only by chance the way he was recommended for this- they come with bittersweet memories.Mike dedicated the BSM to all those whose lives were lost in Vietnam.

We can never ever forget the sacrifices of these veterans.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

to many soldiers never get the medals they should have got for selfless acts, but too many times they get lost in time congratulations Mike the medals do mean something a lot of guys make jokes about awards but if they didn't mean anything the military would not pass them out

my step father never cried at my moms funeral until he found out they were putting his Valor awards on his headstone at the National Cemetary he was on B17s in WW2 and retired from the Air Force in 1961 he made Korea also but the bombers there flew it in from Japan he even had his wife in Japan with him what a war when you could take your spouse....I know the Army didn't have it like that

• In Memoriam

Mike Harris, supported me in my claims when I first got to hadit. I am so happy that he is getting the recognition after all these years. It took me 36 to get a medal (MUC), and I could only done it with the information and advice that Mike gave me on sending in the request forms. This was upgraded with a DD-215...

Congrats Mike....

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike Harris is salt of the earth and top drawer in every way. He used to be Hadit's Independent Living Expert for Voc Rehab and also was highly enthusiastic in supporting Veterans claims. As his Point Man Ministry got to take more and more of his time he left Hadit with good feeling for all concerned.

Mike's biggest contribution to Hadit was he taught Berta how to copy and paste.When he was here he worked tirelessly behind the scene to help Veterans.

I am not surprised about his Medal I think he probably deserves more.

Congrats to Mike.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike Harris-one of the really great people I met on Hadit. Couple times a year I email him with question & few days I hear from him. My favorite example of Mike helping a vet is a Navy friend of mine that was living on NSP. At times he had been homeless & I don't know how he survived. He hadn't worked in years, ate up with PTSD. I mentioned the ship he was on & Mike asked me was he on that ship a cetain day. I checked & bingo he was there-Mike pointed out the entire crew r'cd a CAR for that battle with NVA. Took months to get the DD215 showing CAR. This is part I still don't believe-8 days after his C & P he got letter granting 100% PTSD P & T. After all those years he had his stressor-or CAR (I should say) proving Combat. Just one time that Mike went Above & Beyond for a fellow Vet.

His site: http://www.riverinesailor.com/

Proud to call him a friend.

Don

Edited by evandc

First I am glad he got it, second it is pitiful it took sooooooooo many years for him to receive it. Someone dropped the ball years ago. Makes you wonder how many others out there did not receive it at the appropriate time, or died without ever getting it.

Good for this courageous vet. :rolleyes:

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2009/....txt?redirect=y

Mike was one of the first hadit members to welcome me here-and I cant remember when that was-

he has done considerable advocacy for vets, with Pointman and also for any local vets who need his help with claims-

This is wonderful. As the article says-his heroic act happened 40 years ago.

Mike's wife Connie presented him the medal at the ceremony.

BSM wV Bronze Star Medal with V. (Valor)

When these awards come decades after the fact-and in Mike's case it was only by chance the way he was recommended for this- they come with bittersweet memories.Mike dedicated the BSM to all those whose lives were lost in Vietnam.

We can never ever forget the sacrifices of these veterans.