VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Packet For Rater

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

Its a must my rater see everything in my PTSD submitted packet.

I know the C&P Dr has nothing. How can I make sure the packet is reviewed

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Look calm down you are jumping like a frog in a hot skillet.

My advise as hard as it is to throttle down and wait for the VARO to develop your case. See what they propose. I am willing to guess that you are going to do better than you can imagine.

In other words do research on your claim, get help from the Medical side and wait till they make a decision.

In answer to your question you can request a hearing from the VARO and meet with your rater. If it was me I would wait for a decision.

Pete,

I believe the only time a claimant actually meets with their specific rater

(decision maker) is when it is with a DRO.

Having a hearing does not necessarily get you before your rater.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie

That is an interesting fact. I think that is a big boost for asking for a DRO Hearing. Meeting with the person that can actually rate you is huge. They get to look you in the eye. I bet most vets don't ask for this and they are just a pile of paper to the rater. The only DRO that I met with who denied me was for my CUE. Too heavy for him.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie:

A Veteran at any time can ask for a Hearing and the VA must comply within a reasonable time whatever that is with the VA. I personally have had 5 Hearings at VA and profited by each one. On three occasions I met with my rating officer.

I am surprised that more Vets do not take advantage of this to advance their claims.

What I am trying to convey in this Post is that sometimes all you have is to wait or work on your claim while you wait.

Even if you don't have a claim you can still ask for a hearing and they have to arrange one.

Carlie:

A Veteran at any time can ask for a Hearing and the VA must comply within a reasonable time whatever that is with the VA. I personally have had 5 Hearings at VA and profited by each one. On three occasions I met with my rating officer.

I am surprised that more Vets do not take advantage of this to advance their claims.

What I am trying to convey in this Post is that sometimes all you have is to wait or work on your claim while you wait.

Even if you don't have a claim you can still ask for a hearing and they have to arrange one.

Pete,

I wish it worked this way at St. Pete VARO. At the hearings I've had that

were not DRO hearings (4 I think) I've never met with the decision maker

assigned to my claim. All I've gotten is some flunkie that really had very little

understanding of the rating procedures. One stated they had never heard of M21.

jmho,

carlie

sgmdae,

I apologize if I am wrong but I don't think you have been rated yet. Your claim is in the process of being rated, please forgive me but you need to try to think of something else. I am not sure how long your claim has been pending but VA doesn't move that fast and in some cases if you try to push them, they will give you a quick answer that you won't like. It could send your depression to a point you don't want to go so take a deep breath, take lots of deep breaths and calm down. This is a mind game with VA and you can't lose it. No amount of pressure you think you can put on them will help unless you are in a financial hardship category where you may lose your home or if you are terminally ill, VA doesn't care. I am not trying to be a jerk; I am just trying to help you out. If your claim has not been rated and you do not have a financial hardship/terminal illness VA will not give a hearing, you must first be rated then ask for a hearing and that could be months to a year or longer. Just make sure you go to all your appointments and your C & P exams. When you see your doctor's just let them treat your conditions/systems. They cannot grant you disability or approve your rating, but they can treat you.

Hope this makes sense

Only thing I'll add is try to get your doctors to make helpful statements in your visit notes, ones that may be used as nexus letters or evidence.

I've been working on that as I learn what terminology is helpful for each condition.

So - the more research you do on your conditions and succesful claims for them, the better idea you'll have of what info you'd like in your records.

Hang tough! B)