VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After My Colonoscopy...

Rate this topic

I recall that when they were very eager to discharge me after my test, they said that I couldn't sign any legal documents (to include my discharge papers) because of the anesthesia...ok...no biggie. But they allowed my 17-yr old son ( a minor) to sign the forms. They never asked him for ID either. (I asked him later).

I was still so drugged when they discharged me, I could not walk. So they gave my son a wheelchair to take me out in, he said he was even surprised they let me go; but that they all seemed to be in a hurry.

I still feel "groggy". I thought for sure I would feel back to normal (whatever that is) by now. It's taken me forever just to type this after correcting all of my typos. Sorry if I missed any.

I seriously believe they overdid the sleepy drugs on me.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does sound like the staff gave you too much joy juice. Hope you get back to feeling normal soon. The VA eye clinic has suggested I go for cataract surgury. But theym don't want me drivving the first day or to be alone the first day/night after the procedure. I get blank stares when I tell them I live alone & have no friends. I am even tempted to give up gettting primary care fm VA & trying my luck in the private sector.

But seriously, hope you feel better soon & that they didn't find anything "funny"