VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apd As Secondary To Depression

Rate this question

WHOLESALE

Question

Hi, on my latest IME the Examiner diagnosed me axis II with Avoidant Personality Disorder but he said it was being aggravated by my Service Connected bipolar II disorder.

Will this PD diagnosis throw a wrench in my claim for IU since the examiner stated it's being aggravated by my service connected condition?

In the IME he has that I am totally disabled for any work due to my bipolar II disorder and memory problems. Will the VA associate my memory issues with my psychiatric disorder?

Reason I ask is on the mental disorder 100% shedular states forgetting own name etc but my memory problems aren't that serious.......

frank

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

WHOLESALE,

I am 100% shedular for the mental illness of " Chronic Anxiety Severe". I have never had any problem with my memory. No problem with knowing my own name or address etc.

I know this does not answer all of your questions, but I too had an Axis 11 of Personality Disorder.

The C&P doctor was overuled on that one by my IME by the Forensic Psychiatrist as no basis for that decision.

I know this does not answer all of your questions, but hope it helps some.

Betty

Thanks Joe, I just wanted to know since he also said my PD was being aggravated from my mental illness. Can you get SC for aggravation for PD if it's from a service connected condition?

frank

WHOLESALE,

I am 100% shedular for the mental illness of " Chronic Anxiety Severe". I have never had any problem with my memory. No problem with knowing my own name or address etc.

I know this does not answer all of your questions, but I too had an Axis 11 of Personality Disorder.

The C&P doctor was overuled on that one by my IME by the Forensic Psychiatrist as no basis for that decision.

I know this does not answer all of your questions, but hope it helps some.

Betty

Edited by WHOLESALE